Choose a career in child development that offers meaningful work in a fun, supportive environment. The YMCA of Columbia-Willamette is searching for an exceptional child development professional to direct the operations of the St. Anthony's Child Development Center in Southeast Portland. Become a part of an international non-profit organization with job flexibility and opportunities for growth.
Why the Y?
- Free YMCA Family Membership
- Program Discounts
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Flexible Spending Program
- Holiday Pay
- College Tuition Reimbursement
- Retirement Plan
- Supplemental Benefits/Discounts
- Employee Referral Awards
- Wellness Programs
- Career Training and Development
The Sr. Program Director is responsible for directing a safe, developmentally appropriate program for children at the St. Anthony's YMCA Child Development Center at 3740 SE 79th, Portland, OR 97206. The Sr. Director directs, manages and supervises all aspects of child care programs, including but not limited to program quality, staff management, budget development, parent, community and school or church (if applicable) relations, maintaining CCD compliance and YMCA policies and procedures. Direct responsibilities and/or emphasis will be determined by the Executive Director according to the needs of each program. The responsibilities may include, but are not limited to: site evaluations for quality assurance and compliance with governing agencies, communication with community and church personnel, marketing, training, scheduling of staff, substituting, and other duties as assigned.
- Supervise classroom curricula.
- Supervise staff.
- Hire and retain qualified staff.
- Register children and retain enrollment.
- Establish and maintain a supportive positive relationship with families.
- Maintain staff and children’s files.
- Complete all YMCA requirements in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Develop and monitor a $500,000+ budget that operates in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Effectively manage center during all hours of operation.
- Maintain staff and children’s files.
- Adhere to the YMCA principles of love, respect, honesty, service and responsibility.
- Assist in the leadership of the Child Care Division.
- Serve as a YMCA Trainer for New Employee Orientation and Christian Principles.
- Develop new programs where there is a community need.
- Respond appropriately to all and any emergency situations.
- Develop community relationships and be involved in community outreach.
- Participate in Leadership Meetings with the Child Care Division and Association
- Develop and monitor a budget that operates in the black.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Professional Development Step 9 with plans to achieve a step 10 in the next 2
- Oregon Registry Director Credential or 60 hours in PM in the last five years that can be proven in documentation or a plan in place to obtain the Credential in the next 2 years.Two years of experience in child care program operation.
- One year experience in staff supervision.
- Must be available during site hours of operation.
- Must be a YMCA Multi-Branch Leader (or obtain within two years)
- Must have availability all hours of center operation.
- Knowledge of budget development.
- Knowledge of state licensing requirements.
- Current driver’s license.
- Reliable vehicle
- 21 years of age.
- Meet all childcare director standards as dictated by the state Department of Early Learning.
- Must pass driver’s license review by insurance carrier.
- Must be current or willing to obtain within 30days of hire: CPR/First Aid, Blood Borne
Pathogens, and Child Abuse Prevention as per YMCA Child Care Division standards.
- Four year degree.
- Knowledge of creative curriculum.
- Knowledge of NAEYC Accreditation standards.
- Knowledge of QRIS.
To be considered please complete the Online Application attaching your resume and any relevant certifications:
Supervisor: Kelly Skopil, Executive Director
Branch Location: Child Care Division
Branch fax: 503.946.5009