Are you a creative graphic designer who thrives in a fast-paced environment? Do you like to challenge yourself to produce innovative and inclusive materials that engage the public? Do you value cross-cultural design and want to help make park and recreation amenities welcoming to everyone? If so, your next great opportunity may be waiting for you at Tualatin Hills Park & Recreation District (THPRD).
THPRD has an opportunity for an innovative and creative Communications Specialist focused in graphic design to be responsible to produce print and digital materials for the district. The specialist will be part of the Communications department within THPRD, a nationally recognized leader in park and recreation services.
The ideal candidate will have superior graphic design skills with an ability to produce creative designs while upholding district branding guidelines. The specialist will also have advanced skills in Adobe Products, In-Design, Illustrator and Photoshop. The successful candidate needs to be able to juggle conflicting priorities, be able to successfully navigate those ever-present last-minute print requests, while meeting established deadlines.
This position receives general direction from the Communications Director and may exercise lead supervision over part-time staff.
Components of the job include (but are not limited to):
- Oversee production of the district's quarterly activity guide and in-house print materials.
- Consult with district staff to determine project objectives, gather information and develop design options and specifications, estimate materials, equipment costs, budget and time schedules to complete projects.
- Interpret information and create artist and/or graphic designs in accordance with sound design layout and composition principles and applicable policies and guidelines.
- Coordinate and schedule printing projects, analyze and select the most cost-effective methods of reproduction when working with production and mailing companies.
Successful applicants will possess any equivalent combination of education, experience and training that would likely provide the applicant with the required knowledge, skills and abilities. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be with over three years of progressively responsible experience in graphic design, desktop publishing or closely related field, and an associate's degree in graphic design, desktop publishing or closely related field.
Successful applicants will have knowledge and experience in:
- Adobe Products, In-Design, Illustrator, Photoshop, Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Practices, methods and techniques of graphic design and layout.
- Methods, practices and terminology of printing and print production industry.
This position is considered to be non-exempt and is represented by a labor union (Oregon School Employees Association.) Typically salaries start at the beginning of the pay scale. Successful applicants must also possess an Oregon driver's license and good driving record.
To apply, please click on the job description link below and submit an online application. In lieu of resumes and cover letters, THPRD evaluates applicants through a series of supplemental questions. Please answer the supplemental questions thoroughly to ensure our subject matter experts can appropriately evaluate your experience.
Click here to view the full job description.
Please follow THPRD on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to learn more about our organization.