All cultures, races, disabilities, religions, sexual orientations, and gender identities are welcome at Boys & Girls Aid.?
Under the direction of the Marketing & Outreach Manager, the Community Outreach Coordinator develops program-specific recruitment and marketing plans for targeted demographics for the purpose of recruiting and retaining potential foster parents. 20 hours per week will be spent on foster parent recruitment and 20 hours a week will be spent on marketing and community outreach to increase the number of new foster parent inquiries and applications.
What You'll Do as?a Outreach Coordinator:?
- Plans, advertises, conducts, and creates content for information sessions and educational presentations with individuals and families, community groups, and businesses to educate and promote our foster care programs.
- Identifies and meets quarterly and annual targeted recruitment goals through individual and group recruitment activities.
- Implements plans through multiple marketing and communications activities which may include visibility campaigns (brochures, ads/classified, web ads), networking and community meetings, presentations, community events, media outreach, and content development.
- Identifies, cultivates, solicits, and maintains relationships with individuals and families, community groups, educational institutions, associations, and other community entities to ensure visibility for our foster care programs; provides content and process for consistent follow up and relationship management to maintain current relationships and establish and retain new relationships.
- Identifies, researches, and stays current on industry information, practices, and recruitment and retention strategies.
- Documents all recruitment activities (contacts, follow up, visits, presentations, community events, action items, and next steps) and prospects and results in recruitment, which could include tracking in databases, running reports, and any additional tracking efforts as needed.
- Makes decisions and recommends prospects to foster parent certification.
- Implements retention strategies with current foster parent pool by sending appreciation cards and planning individual and group appreciation events.
- Tracks regularly current full-time and respite beds, both active and offline, with the ability to report current totals when request.
What Boys & Girls Aid Can Offer You:?
- A commitment to your professional development through enhanced?training?on a wide range of topics including Trauma-Informed Care, attachment, and best practice?approaches.?
- An opportunity to promote social justice for youth who are in foster care, are involved with juvenile justice, or are experiencing homelessness.?
- Guidance from knowledgeable, attentive supervisors who will help you succeed in your?job.?
- A focus on your health and well-being our benefits package includes alternative, holistic care and a comprehensive Employee Assistance Program.?
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Communications, Business Administration, Social Science, Community Development or equivalent.
- Demonstrated understanding of recruiting and/or outreach into the community, specifically to culturally and socio-economically diverse groups or experience in a related field where skills and experience will transfer.
- Prior experience in providing foster care certification or home study documents preferred.
- Experience with public speaking, presentations, and networking.
- Experience using customer relationship management software.
- Must possess a valid driver's license from state of residence (Oregon or Washington), personal automobile liability insurance, and pass a DMV driving record check.
- You must be able to wear?appropriate?COVID-19 Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) required to perform the job safely.?
Note: This job description is representative of the major position requirements and is not intended to be all-inclusive.