Thank you for your interest in career opportunities at Central City Concern!
Since 1979, the Portland Community has trusted Central City Concern (CCC) to help people create meaningful, long-term change. Every year, we serve more than 13,000 people experiencing, or at risk-of, homelessness with affordable and supportive housing, person-centered health care, addiction recovery and employment assistance. By providing health care, housing and jobs, CCC is ending homelessness in Portland and helping people achieve their highest potential.
Now Hiring: Join Central City Concern as a Nurse (Union; RN or LPN Required)
***Seniority Bid Closes: Monday, September 18th, 2023***
- RN: $44.38/hour
- LPN: $26.00/hour
Location: Hooper DSC (1535 N. Williams Avenue, Portland, 97227)
Schedule: 6:45am - 7:15pm (12-hour shifts; 72 hours/week)
SUMMARY: This position provides direct patient care for a medically monitored 24-hour, 7 days/week, 60-bed detoxification and stabilization center. Has the support of Medical Director and Nursing Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide direct care and delegate care of patients as indicated by patient needs.
- Administer medications and treatments as directed by the standing orders and/or by physician.
- Utilize Pyxis and maintain electronic bed list.
- Observe and record pertinent information with regard to the care and condition of patients.
- Formulate individualized nursing care plans and participate in patient care conferences.
- Make referrals to hospitals and other agencies.
- Provide patient care and other work related directives for Subacute Technicians.
- Assist the staff physician. Respond in emergency situations.
- Give and receive report at shift changes.
- Consult with other health team members to lend guidance as necessary.
- Work closely with clinical staff ensuring integrated patient care.
- Adhere to all state and federal privacy regulations, including HIPAA and 42 CFR Part 2, and to CCC policies and agreements regarding confidentiality, privacy, and security. Support compliance with all privacy and security requirements pursuant to community partners’ and outside providers’ patient confidentiality agreements, including privacy and security requirements for EMR access. This includes immediately reporting any breach of protected health information or personal identification information of any person receiving CCC services by CCC or an outside provider to the CCC Compliance Department, as well as to your supervisor or their designee.
DESCRIPTION OF OTHER DUTIES
- Perform other duties as assigned
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of nursing theory and practice.
- Knowledge of chemical dependency and treatment methods.
- Application of knowledge in nutrition, sanitation, and personal hygiene.
- Ability to follow verbal and written directions and to apply techniques for specific needs.
- Knowledge of community resources.
- Knowledge of de-escalation methods or ability to be trained in de-escalation methods.
- Sufficient manual dexterity and physical ability to perform assigned tasks.
- Ability to work in an environment where people may be hostile or abusive.
- Ability to manage time and meet deadlines.
- Ability to lift and move heavy objects.
- Ability to maintain accurate records and necessary paperwork.
- Ability to learn and apply training instruction.
- Knowledge of medical assessment with intoxicated persons.
- If applicant is a RN:
- Completion of an accredited two, three or four year course of training for nurses (required)
- Current Oregon RN license (required)
- If applicant is a LPN:
- Completion of an accredited course of training for licensed practical nurses (required)
- Current licensure with the Oregon State Board of Nursing as a Licensed Practical Nurse (required)
- Must meet CCC privileging requirements as required by FTCA
- Current BLS CPR certification prior to start date.
- Ability to adhere to Central City Concern’s drug-free workplace which encourages a safe, healthy and productive work environment and strictly complies with the Drug-Free Work Place Act of 1988. An employee shall not, in the workplace, unlawfully manufacture, distribute, dispense, possess or use a controlled substance or alcohol.
- Must have the physical ability to bend, stoop, twist, kneel, reach, squat, pull and lift heavy clients or objects up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to climb stairs several times a day.
- Must be able to document nursing interventions and responses to care. Do so in an accurate, legible, and intelligible manner.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, TB test, and background check.
- The OAR prohibits A&D program staff from having within the previous 3 years a DUI conviction or diversion, a felony conviction, or a conviction under the Uniform Controlled Substances Act.
- Must adhere to agency’s non-discrimination policies.
- Ability to effectively interact with co-workers and clients with diverse ethnic backgrounds, religious views, political affiliation, cultural backgrounds, life-styles, and sexual orientations and treat each individual with respect and dignity.
BENEFITS at CCC
Central City Concern offers incredible benefits to our employees. We offer an extensive total rewards package to include base wages, medical, dental, vision and voluntary plans. Central City Concern also takes employees’ financial wellness into consideration and provides a rich retirement match. In the spirit of inclusivity, we celebrate 11 holidays and have a generous paid time off (PTO) plan.
- Generous paid time off plan beginning at 4 weeks per year at the time of hire. Accrual increases with longevity.
- Amazing 403(b) Retirement Savings plan with an employer match of 4.25% in your 1st year, 6% in the 2nd year, and 8% in your 3rd year!
- 11 paid Holidays + 2 Personal Holidays to be used at the employee’s discretion.
- Comprehensive Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance coverage.
- Employer Paid Life, Short Term Disability, AND Long-Term Disability Insurance!
- Sabbatical Program offering extended time off at years 7, 14, and 21.
Central City Concern is a second chance employer and complies with applicable laws regarding consideration of criminal background for employment purposes. Government regulations, contractual requirements, or the duties of this particular job may require CCC to conduct a background check and take appropriate action to address prior criminal convictions.