This position contributes to the mission of the organization by providing financial and administrative services in order to ensure effective, efficient and accurate financial operations.
Medical Teams International Calling:
Daring to love like Jesus, we boldly break barriers to health and restore wholeness in a hurting world.
Essential Accounts Payable Duties:
- Support the accounts payable function within the organization’s established policies and procedures.
- Process all vendor invoices and payment requests:
- Ensure accuracy of invoices and work with vendors to make necessary and appropriate changes.
- Reconcile approval forms and supporting documentation.
- Prepare all employee expense reports through Certify
- Process and reconcile employee travel advance requests.
- Accurately code and enter into the financial accounting system.
- Prepare and process all payments by electronic transfer or check.
- Complete monthly reconciliation of A/P to the general ledger; investigate and resolve any differences.
- Process vendor 1099 forms annually.
- Prepare journal entries for monthly miscellaneous deposits and receipts and travel advance reconciliations.
- Calculate and post monthly gifts-in-kind services, freight and shipments.
ESSENTIAL PAYROLL DUTIES:
- Execute bi-weekly online time and attendance processing and interface with payroll service.
- Prepare payroll prior to transmission and validate confirmed reports.
- Prepare and maintain related payroll records and reports.
- Prepare the salary and benefit allocations and corresponding journal entry to ensure personnel costs are accurately and properly reflected in the organization’s financial statements.
- Understand proper taxation of employer paid benefits.
- Process accurate and timely year-end reporting.
- Prepare bi-weekly 401(k) data file for submission.
- Prepare International Payroll
ESSENTIAL FINANCE SUPPORT:
- Maintain electronic filing system
- Other duties as assigned
- Support safeguarding of program participants and employees through promoting an environment of awareness and upholding the code of conduct provisions of Medical Teams Protection from Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, Child & Vulnerable Adult protection, and harassment-free workplace policies. When appropriate, incorporate the use of volunteers in daily job functions.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, LICENSES, & CERTIFICATIONS
- Associates degree in Accounting or related area.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience, showing increasingly responsibility, or
- An equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3 years’ experience with Accounts Payable
- Experience in Paycom or similar online timekeeping system
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Experience with the capabilities of maintaining financial records on a computer-based accounting system.
- Basic knowledge of payroll processing
- Commitment to Medical Teams International Calling Statement and Core Values.
- Working knowledge of computers and electronic data processing; working knowledge of accounting principles and practices.
- Ability to work under pressure and/or with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to work as a team member helping to maintain a “team” atmosphere with all levels of employees and volunteers.
- Detail oriented with an ability to maintain accurate records.
- Ability to plan, organize, and follow-through.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of donor and personnel information.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously; flexible.
- Ability to operate well in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to work flexible schedule and weekends as needed.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing; ability to establish successful working relationships.
- Must have the ability to consistently communicate professionally and effectively with all constituents.
- Intermediate user skills with Financial software, including an online payroll timekeeping system and Microsoft Great Plains or similar program.
- Basic user skills with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet, Intranet, and Skype.
- Intermediate user skills with Communication software: Microsoft Outlook, Intranet, Internet, and Skype.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS
Tools and Equipment Used:
- Requires frequent use of personal computer, including word processing, database programs; calculator, telephone, copy machine and fax machine.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is required to walk; climb stairs; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands, and arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.