Position: Gift Processing Specialist
Department: Resource Development
Reports to: Sr. Grant & Data Manager
Status: Full-Time; Non-exempt; Hourly
Compensation: $18.75 to $22.29 per hour; See Starting Salary Expectations below.
Closing Date: 9/5/2022
Habitat for Humanity Portland Region revitalizes neighborhoods, builds affordable and sustainable homes, and empowers families through successful homeownership. Habitat for Humanity Portland Region is an independent affiliate of Habitat for Humanity International, a global home building movement and top private home builder in the country. By providing affordable housing, home repairs, skilled construction training, financial education, and volunteer opportunities, the organization has transformed millions of lives, helped stabilize communities and fostered economic vitality in the region. We believe that everyone deserves the opportunity to reach their full potential, and that starts with a stable and healthy place to call home.
We are intentional about building a healthy and thriving organizational culture and envision a community of staff, partners, volunteers, and donors who are deeply committed to equitable and anti-racist practices in every facet of our organization. We engage in continual learning and seek ways to operationalize equitable practices. Our Equity Statement and Cultural Compact are living, breathing documents that we continually work toward.
Habitat for Humanity Portland Region operates out of two offices (Hillsboro and NE Portland), three brick and mortar stores (Beaverton, Gresham, and Portland), one warehouse (NE Portland), and a number of construction sites (varies). Please visit our website and social media pages to learn more.
Note to Candidates:
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive organization and we are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. We recognize that requirements for educational and experience minimums create unnecessary barriers for under-served populations in pursuing employment opportunities in which they may be successful. In considering this alongside our Equity practices, we have removed educational and experience minimum requirements in order to focus on candidates’ abilities to excel based on the responsibilities of the position. We strongly encourage you to apply, even if you don’t believe you meet every one of the qualifications described.
The Gift Processing Specialist is primarily responsible for managing constituent information in and out of the Raiser’s Edge database in a timely and accurate manner and ensuring adherence to systems policy and procedure, with a particular emphasis on processing donations.
- Prepare weekly deposits and batch reports for all donations and pledge payments, prep documentation for accounting department.
- Ensure all gifts are processed accurately in Raisers Edge database.
- Process all gifts received through online portals quickly and accurately.
- Process credit card gifts received locally.
- Enter pledges into database; prepare, produce, and send pledge reminders and invoices for outstanding pledges.
- Prepare, produce, and send acknowledgments for all gifts received on a weekly basis; coordinate with development team on custom thank you letters.
- Effectively communicate with donors/vendors when questions arise about specific donations to ensure the accuracy of their gift.
- Support events team by entering RSVP/attendance and other data into donor records.
- Create, maintain, and update constituent records. Provide timely updates to contact information including address changes and email unsubscribes. Send updated blast email list to Communications team monthly.
- Under the supervision of the Development Database Administrator, work on database clean-up projects to maintain accuracy of donor database.
- Other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Experience doing data entry in a general office or customer service-related position.
- Accurate typing skills, ability to perform repetitive tasks with accuracy.
- Strong computer skills with demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite products (including import/export, mailing lists/labels, and mail merge functions).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; the ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks/requests and meet deadlines in a professional manner. Adaptability is essential.
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills necessary to correspond with donors and constituents. A respectful, service-oriented approach is required.
- Excellent time management and multitasking abilities.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all required situations.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Previous experience handling checks and credit card transactions preferred.
- Proficiency in using database systems; Raisers Edge preferred.
- Accounting or Bookkeeping experience helpful.
- Nonprofit experience not required, but is a plus!
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- Human-paced, open, team-oriented, business casual office.
- This position may be eligible for remote/hybrid work based on responsibilities, performance, and access to essential work-related resources.
- The employee will routinely use standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines
- This is largely a sedentary role in front of a computer with some filing work, which requires the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets, bend, and stand on a stool as necessary
- This position will perform duties at both the Hillsboro and Portland offices; reliable personal transportation is required; approved mileage is reimbursed at the current federal rate.
- Approximately 32 hours per week during office hours (Monday through Friday, 8:30am-4:30pm)
- Occasional overtime may be necessary
Starting Salary Expectations:
Minimum $18.75 per hour to wage range midpoint of $22.29 per hour. Placement will generally not exceed the midpoint based on qualifications, experience, and internal equity. The full wage range is $18.75 per hour to $26.25 per hour.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Health insurance (medical, vision, alternative care, prescription)
- Health reimbursement arrangement (HRA)
- Dental insurance
- Generous paid time off
- 3% matching 403(b) retirement plan
- Flexible spending accounts
- Short-term & long-term disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Employee assistance program
- And more!
How to Apply:
Submit the following materials at: https://bit.ly/HABCAREERS
- Cover letter addressing how your personal and professional experiences have prepared you for this position.
- Three professional references
Employment is contingent on passing a background check.
Habitat for Humanity Portland Region hires a workforce representative of the communities we serve, understanding that a diverse workforce strengthens our organization. We value diversity and support a positive and welcoming environment where all employees can thrive. Habitat for Humanity Portland Region is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified personnel for all our positions in a manner that does not unlawfully discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran/reserve national guard status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
Note: This job description is intended as a guideline only and does not limit in any way the duties or responsibilities of any employee. Nothing herein shall be construed as a contract of employment, expressed or implied. All employment is terminable at will, with or without cause.