Being a Boys & Girls Aid Foster Parent
- $3,000 tax-free stipend for every 30 days a child is in your home
Interested in making a difference for a child in foster care? If yes, we have just the job for you! Boys & Girls Aid has a 135-year history providing quality foster care services to children and families in Oregon. We are looking for foster parents to help guide children toward a healthier, happier future. If you have room in your heart and home and can offer a safe, stable, and caring home for a child, please call today.
As a foster parent you will be a bridge for a child in need, providing care and support at a critical moment. Our Nest Program serves boys and girls ages four to ten who have entered foster care at no fault of their own. The children served at the Nest have complex needs that will require your support. Our intensive and continued training will help you support them. They come from challenging living situations and need the support and stability of committed caring foster families.
What support does Boys & Girls Aid provide?
- $3,000 tax-free stipend for every 30 days of care24-hour on-call support and guidance, both on the phone and in-person
- Free trauma-informed training in addition to individual and group support meetings
- Collaborative support team to meet the needs of the youth and?support foster parents
- Two paid days off per month$500 bonus after training is complete and a child is placed in your home
What is required to become a foster parent?
- Be at least 21 years old
- Have a residence within the Portland Metro Area with an open bedroom available
- Ability to pass a federal, state, and local criminal?background?check and child abuse check
- Have a valid Oregon Driver's License
- A two-parent household
- Have a reliable vehicle to transport youth daily
- Provide a separate bedroom in the?home for?the?foster youth with a window and a door.