Reed College is seeking an on-call Nurse Practitioner (NP) to provide direct and indirect student-centered care and services to the students attending Reed College. This position requires direct student communication, critical thinking skills, and proactive problem-solving skills. The NP provides the clinical expertise to ensure that all students receive high quality, inclusive, and safe care. The NP has a commitment to having an equity-minded focus, responsiveness, and sensitivity to and an understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of college students; and fosters an inclusive environment for students and colleagues.
This is an on-call position for the academic school year September through May (with winter and spring break off). The typical schedule for this position is one day per week with additional on-call hours between 8:30am and 5:00pm, Monday through Friday. The pay for this position is $43.00/hour. This position is not eligible for Reed benefits.
What You’ll Do
- Performs independent clinical assessment, diagnosis and treatment of primary healthy problems that includes obtaining a personal history, performing a physical exam, and initiating and interpreting laboratory results.
- Determines and prescribes as needed, appropriate medications, per standard procedures and the Nurse Practitioner Formulary.
- Education and consultation with students directed toward enhancing a healthy life style and reducing health-compromising behaviors.
- Performs assessments, provides clinical and educational consultation, and manages all aspects of the contraceptive regimen.
- Detects more serious disease processes, and assists in obtaining an appropriate level of care.
- Maintenance of accurate, thorough, and timely record keeping.
- Participation in case management and case review with nursing staff, medical consultant, and administrative director.