The UA Technician collects urine samples from clients.
As a behavioral health organization, LifeWorks NW employees are required to have had their COVID 19 vaccination (or have an approved medical/religious exemption) per State of Oregon rules. Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required upon hire.
Location: This position is based out of LifeWorks NW's Beaverton site. Pay: $20.00 starting hourly pay, this is an On Call position.
- Observe and collect direct urine samples in a professional and respectful manner at multiple LifeWorks NW locations based on random scheduling.
- Adhere strictly to procedures in handling collections, samples and information ensuring timely and accurate records of all aspects of UA labeling and forwarding.
- Maintain client confidentiality.
- Order and restock urinalysis supplies as needed.
- Assist with phone inquiries from clients and partner agencies in a professional manner maintaining client confidentiality.
- Attend informational and clinical meetings which may include all-agency meetings, team meetings, consultation meetings with psychiatrist, staffing, intra-agency trainings, etc. as required.
- All services must be provided in a culturally appropriate and respectful manner.
- Some evenings/weekends required
- Completes tasks accurately within defined timeframes with minimal supervision.
- Consistently helps cover for co-workers when needed and willingly accepts and follows through with other tasks as needed.
- Meets standards for attendance following the department's call-in policy for any unscheduled absences.
- Travels between sites or in the community driving clients when needed.
- High school diploma/GED.
- If recovering from a substance abuse related disorder, must be able to demonstrate continuous sobriety under nonresidential, independent living conditions for the immediate past two years.
- The ability to maintain confidentiality and appropriate boundaries.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills and maintains a cooperative working relationship with others in a culturally diverse environment.
- Computer skills including data entry, use of mouse, ability to navigate website and use common web browser.
- Requires ability to work some evenings and/or weekends
- Requires access to car and valid driver's license.
- Ability to perform essential functions of job without creating a direct threat to the safety of self or others.
LifeWorks NW is a private, non-profit organization providing prevention, mental health, substance use treatment, and related social services to youths, adults, and older adults in over fifteen locations throughout Multnomah, Washington, and Clackamas counties. LifeWorks NW promotes a healthy community by providing quality and culturally responsive mental health and addiction services across the lifespan.
Our core values-Recovery and Relationships, Resilience, and Results-inform the work we do. The four pillars of the strategic vision include Compassionate, Impactful Care, Holistic Health, Passionate Team, and Thriving Organization. Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are critical to successfully achieving the mission. We know that "life works" when people get the help they need and are dedicated to changing lives.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Drug Free/Tobacco Free Site 01/09