Guardian Partners trains volunteer Monitors to evaluate Guardianship cases in Oregon for the Court ensuring that vulnerable populations are safe and being treated with the utmost dignity and respect. Volunteer Monitors visit the Guardian and Protected Person acting as the eyes and ears of the Court, completing a report with our recommendations. Our Monitoring program is a critical part of Guardian Partners’ work preventing abuse and protecting adults with cognitive impairment, developmental disabilities, and the elderly.
Due to expansion, Guardian Partners is hiring full time for a newly developed position, Monitoring Specialist. As well as contributing to all aspects of the program, the Monitoring Specialist will be charged with volunteer recruitment for all counties served, training and continued volunteer support; will develop a resource program for Guardians across the state; and will maintain a portfolio of cases with a focus on volunteer shadowing for all newly trained Monitors.
Currently, Monitor visits/involvement is strictly virtual due to COVID-19 restrictions, but we anticipate a return to partial in-person wellness interviews with protected people, ensuring they are being well cared for by their guardians. Our goal is to bring our court mandated education and our case monitoring program to every county in Oregon. Guardian Partners currently operates in Clackamas, Douglas, Lane, Marion, Multnomah, Tillamook and Yamhill.
COVID Requirements: All Guardian Partners employees must show proof of completed Covid vaccine schedule (or legitimate exemption) and comply with masking and other prevailing health mandates.
Location: Based in Portland office. Remote work and continued remote options available after Covid restrictions are lifted. Travel outside Portland metro area will be required.
Hours: 37.5 per week, flexible schedule
Reports to: Monitoring Program Manager
Salary and Benefits: $45,000 at FTE; 5% salary differential for Spanish language proficiency; Kaiser Permanente medical benefits including health, dental, vision and alternative care (massage therapy, chiropractic, naturopathy); 401(k) retirement plan with generous employer matching contribution; mileage reimbursement, generous vacation and health leave benefits.
Signing Bonus: $1,200 signing bonus payable upon completion of hiring paperwork. Contingent on one-year commitment of employment.
Send to Monitoring Program Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Brief cover letter highlighting your experience, interest in this position or any volunteer management experience.
- A description of a problem you helped to solve, which required collaboration and communication between parties who were in conflict.
Monitor Program Support and Supervision:
- Ongoing recruitment of volunteer Case Monitors with a focus on diversity and inclusion.
- Attend volunteer recruitment fairs, events, maintain a social media presence for Guardian Partners.
- Provide initial screening, orientation, training and shadowing of new volunteer Case Monitors. Offer Case Monitors consultation, direction and resources as needed.
- Occasional travel within Oregon to current counties served.
- Work in collaboration with Monitor Program Manager and Probate Court to assure accurate reporting.
- Monitor and report on guardianship cases on a weekly basis.
- Serve as information and referral resource for Guardians and their families who have general questions regarding guardianship or court processes.
- Supervise academic-based interns in the monitor program.
- Track and report on data related to case monitor program.
- Ensure the program is operating with best practices and Guardian Partners’ Statement of Values in mind.
Guardian Partners Program Support:
- Work closely with Executive Director, Monitoring Program Manager and community stakeholders to grow our programs with focus on efficiency and quality of service as well as expansion of Oregon counties.
- Provide occasional support of fundraising efforts and special events.
- Attend and support two annual events: Partners Party and Wine with a View.
- Back-up Monitoring Program Manager and Education Coordinator positions.
- Additional tasks as assigned.
- Familiarity with resources (social, legal, medical, government, etc) relevant to people living with cognitive disabilities and their Guardians.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills; outgoing, self-starter.
- Comfort handling diverse inquiries and working with higher-needs clientele; advocacy work with vulnerable populations as well as sensitivity and compassion in working with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Basic computer, IT skills (Microsoft Office Suite, Zoom).
- High-level organizational skills, quick thinking, multi-tasking.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong research skills.
- Resourceful, positive attitude in problem-solving, balanced with judgment on when to escalate difficult situations.
- Comfort collaborating as part of a small team.
- Ability to successfully manage volunteers, both in-person and remotely.
- Follow-through and follow-up on tasks, keeping relevant people informed.
- Bilingual with ability to read, write and speak Spanish proficiently (5% salary differential)
- Experience with attorneys and the Court system.
- Basic web and/or graphic design skills.
Open until filled. Preference given for applications prior to 11/30/21.
Guardian Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. People of color, LGBTQ individuals and people living with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.