The Program Manager (PM) plays a key role in Medical Teams’ mobile healthcare program with responsibility for program strategy and design, monitoring and evaluation, implementation, management of partners and staff, and reporting of all healthcare services delivered in the area assigned. Reporting to the Care & Connect Director, the PM oversees a defined package of community health dental and medical services for people who are uninsured, underinsured, or experiencing difficulty accessing dental or medical services. The PM works with strategic partners to implement specific health initiatives. The PM manages, trains, and mentors a staff team of Clinic Specialists and Managers, oversees volunteer providers and works closely and collaboratively with the other Program Managers, Business Services Manager and the COVID Response Manager. Travel up to 30%, within Oregon and WA.
Medical Teams International Calling:
Daring to love like Jesus, we boldly break barriers to health and restore wholeness in a hurting world.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
Strategy and Partners
- Manage the development, cultivation, and contracts & MOUs with strategic partners.
- Develop and implement program design.
- Collaborate with the Care and Connect Program Manager and Director on the integration of services for populations served, development of community resources, and ongoing management and updating of community resources.
- Proactively facilitate the growth of Medical Teams International programs; maintaining strong links with donors, volunteers, churches, and other organizations in support of the work and calling of Medical Teams.
- Connect with local referral agencies and clinics to help with patient navigation to more permanent dental or medical “homes.”
- Identify and participate in forums, networks, and meetings where there may be a strategic benefit to Medical Teams.
- Facilitate networking between volunteers, partners, and funders.
Program Development & Management
- Develop, manage, and meet program area budget and goals.
- Ensure that all program activities meet or exceed established program quality standards.
- Ensure grant requirements specific to program are met.
- Manage equipment and supply inventory for program area to ensure the availability and accessibility for the clinic team.
- Maintain quality assurance standards and ensure compliance of HIPPA, WSHA, OSHA, and other required regulations.
- Ensure healthcare patient records, clinic data, and clinic records are collected and entered as required.
- Train and document state and federal healthcare policies and procedures required for program integrity and compliance.
- Ensure patient referral information is available on each van.
- Ensure accurate records of daily clinic operations, patients served, and other required data.
- Maintain a working knowledge of current dental and medical needs of the populations served.
- Create an environment where patients feel respected and cared for.
- Maintain an ongoing awareness of the program operating environment, the program Care & Connect approach, 2025 aspirational goals, and identify particular needs in the region that fit with our core competencies and service package.
- Ensure accountability is integrated into strategies, program design, monitoring and evaluation, onboarding, training and performance management, partnership agreements, and highlighted in reporting.
- Supervise a team of Clinic Managers and Clinic Specialists.
- Onboard and train new staff and volunteers.
- Oversee staff scheduling, in coordination with the scheduler.
- Assist with the on-going recruitment of volunteers.
- Create an environment where volunteers have a positive and rewarding experience.
Safety and Security
- Champion the importance of safety and security for the program and with partners.
- Ensure implementation of effective safety and security management policies and practices in accordance with Organization Personnel Safety and Security Policy; including robust information collection practices and systematic testing of safety and security plans.
- Receive and monitor incident and SAF reports, ensuring proper follow-up and compliance.
- Ensure the Safeguarding of program participants and employees through promoting an environment of awareness and upholding the code of conduct provisions of Medical Teams Protection from Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, Child & Vulnerable Adult protection, and harassment-free workplace policies.
- Be a positive representative of Medical Teams International at all times.
- Represent Medical Teams and US Programs in speaking engagements, professional functions, banquets, fundraisers, and media presentations as requested.
- Be available for occasional meetings and functions outside of normal working hours.
- Utilize volunteers when appropriate.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, LICENSES, & CERTIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in health-related field.
- Valid Driver License with few or no traffic violations.
- Master’s degree in health-related field.
- Technical certifications or licenses as required by the State to provide direct health care services.
- Minimum 5 years’ management experience with direct staff supervision.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the dental/medical field.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Commitment to Medical Teams International Calling Statement and Core Values.
- Passion for serving staff, volunteers and patients in low resource environments.
- Skilled at building and maintaining a high functioning, high performing team.
- Ability to work collaboratively with Medical Teams staff, volunteers, and outside agency partners.
- Ability to work well with persons in many levels of function and authority.
- Self-starter, detail oriented, organized, and able to work independently.
- Hands-on clinician who enjoys performing a broad variety of tasks.
- Knowledge of dental and medical equipment and supplies
- Ability to operate well and calmly in a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and occasional weekends.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact well with people of all ethnic and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Requires knowledge of use and care of dental and medical equipment onboard mobile units.
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills in strategic planning, achieving results, coordinating & supporting a diverse team, mentoring, and staff development.
- Commitment to organizational strengthening and programmatic growth in accordance with needs.
- Proven ability to produce successful program proposals and develop strategic donor relationships.
- Skilled at building and maintaining a high functioning, high performing work team.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and develop staff.
- Experience in creating an environment of accountability.
- Demonstrated ability to lead virtually.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others.
- Strong communication skills including written, oral, and group facilitation; ability to successfully communicate cross-culturally with international partners and diverse constituencies.
- Excellent financial management skills, including ability to prepare, monitor, and control budgets, reports, project proposals and partnership agreement documents.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills, detail oriented, ability to work independently and in teams, positive attitude, resourceful, innovative and flexible.
- Strong working knowledge of the US safety net system, the US mobile healthcare landscape and the Free Clinic network.
- Excellent English-language skills, bilingual capability preferred.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 50% of the time and at short notice to provide surge capacity, support and expertise within the Pacific Northwest.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office applications including calendar, email, Word, Excel, and Teams.
- Moderately skilled in Dynamics CRM or other database software.
- Moderately skilled in OpenDental or other electronic medical records software and digital x-ray, highly capable and willing to learn digital systems.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS
Tools and Equipment Used:
- Requires frequent use of personal computer, database and digital platforms, telephone, and basic office equipment.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is required to walk; climb stairs; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands, and arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can occasionally be louder and have a higher activity level than in a normal office setting.
- There may be a risk of occupational exposure to blood or other potentially infectious materials (OPIM). Hepatitis B vaccination series is required.