Overnight Lead Milieu Counselor – Shelter
Full Time, Full Benefits
Job Req: 1438
Do you enjoy working with youth and find it rewarding to help train new employees? If so, we encourage you to apply to the Lead Milieu Counselor role!
The Lead Milieu Counselor will provide leadership and training to Milieu Counselor staff at the program and supervise the youth in our care. This is a lead position that aids the Milieu Supervisor and other management staff. It’s an ideal role for those who have experience mentoring and teaching daily living life skills to youth in a residential setting and are seeking to acquire more responsibility.
Lead Milieu Counselors support the program mission in the following ways:
- Provides support to the Milieu Supervisor; serves as an example to MC’s regarding program/ORR policies and interactions with youth.
- Serves as main point of contact if Milieu Supervisor is not on shift.
- Plan and coordinate activities for the clients, coordinating staff coverage and duties, ordering needed supplies needed, etc.
- Works with Milieu Supervisors to address and resolve issues related to the milieu
- Carries out the duties of a Milieu Counselor (see MC job description)
- Tracks individual behavior plan progress, as needed
- Attend all meetings as designated by supervisor.
Education and Experience Requirements:
A typical background for the person who can fulfill the duties of this position is as follows:
- High School Diploma
- Minimum of 1 year employment experience in the child welfare field working with children and/or adolescents in a social service setting.
- Basic computer skills using Microsoft Word, Excel, databases and Outlook
- One year experience supervising staff
- Residential experience
- Knowledge of adolescent developmental issues, trauma, abuse and neglect, substance abuse and dependence, delinquency, peer influence, and related group and individual interventions.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English
- Must be 21 years of age
- Must remain awake during shift
- Must me agency driving requirements
Starting Pay Range: $17.75- $18.81; Bilingual: $19.26- $20.43
Shift: Wednesday- Saturday, 9:30 pm- 8:00 am
ABOUT THE PROGRAM: ORR Immigrant Youth Services - Shelter
Our shelter is well equipped to comfortably care and provide support for up to 50 youth at a time. Through our residential facility, the youth have access to education, and mental health services onsite. The program serves adolescent boys and girls, (11 – 17 years of age) The youth primarily arrive from Latin American countries, occasionally from other countries such as South East Asia, Eastern Europe and Africa.
Morrison Child and Family Services is a non-profit organization that provides a comprehensive array of services to children, adolescents, and their families. As an agency Morrison, its team members, and clients commit to the values of trauma-informed care.
Visit our website to learn more about our mission and history and our strategy for accomplishing our goal of achieving significant, positive, and long-term clinical outcomes for the clients we serve.
At Morrison we celebrate diversity. Through our commitment to equity and inclusion, we support our communities to move beyond disparity and oppression and work with compassion, integrity, and dedication to social justice through the implementation of goals and policies. We strive to create an inclusive and anti-racist organization by ensuring that racial identity will not determine or predict the quality of trauma-informed care a child receives; to that effect, we’re looking for candidates who can provide culturally-appropriate care or possess the ability to hold each other and yourself accountable to the diversity and uniqueness of all individuals within Morrison, our clients and our community stakeholders.
To be considered for this position you must follow this application procedure.
Position Open Until Enough Qualified Applicants Have Responded
We strive to Create a Diverse, Inclusive environment to Better Serve our Clients.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All positions at Morrison have been deemed Healthcare Providers and must comply with Oregon's COVID Vaccine Mandate. Proof of vaccination is required for all employees.