We are a small sign manufacturing company in the Pearl district offering sign packages of all sizes for a variety of clients. These clients include construction companies that are building new structures or upgrading existing structures; as well as working with other small businesses and individuals. Check out our website to view our entire suite of capabilities and for more information on who we are at www.icon3dpdx.com.
What makes Icon 3D such a unique and rewarding place to work? We are on a mission to contribute to the safety of our community through quality products. At every turn, we are working towards continuous improvement to eliminate waste, create great jobs within a great team, and, ultimately, be a profitable company.
The Operations Coordinator wears a lot of hats. This person will provide operational, administrative, financial, and customer support to management and the Icon 3D team. It is an important role that contributes to the efficiency of our business by providing personalized and timely support to our office team and unparalleled customer service to our clients.
To be successful in this role, you should be tech-savvy, well-organized, have great time management skills, have masterful attention to detail, work closely with a dedicated team, and be adaptable to shifting priorities. This role will work closely with the owners, the project management team, and our clients/customers.
Responsibilities (Essential Job Functions):
- Act as our customer liaison (phone, email, chat)
- Answering customer questions, providing information, taking and processing orders, and addressing complaints
- Answering phone calls and calling customers and vendors to follow up on appointments and deliveries
- Setting up appointments, scheduling meetings, distributing reports, and managing the correspondence between the office and external bodies
- Manage invoices, accounts payable/receivable, general accounting needs
- Data entry, materials, product details, and service updates, order distribution, web inventory
- Manage company Google Calendar
- Own/manage the Verizon OneTalk phone management system
- Use relevant systems to write, approve, receive, and process purchase orders
- Confirm proper completion of BOL and transportation paperwork and update into the appropriate Shipping system
- Monitor Shipping and Receiving for timely service and inform management of any issues.
- Maintain supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed supplies, placing and expediting orders for supplies, verifying
- Meet and greet clients and visitors, send and receive mail packages
- Manage files, maintain hard copy and electronic files
- Create and modify documents using Google Sheets/Docs
- Prepare business correspondence, mail, scan, or fax documents
- Maintain forms for the company and post materials on bulletin board
- Support office housekeeping activities for general office and service center areas
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Contribute to systems thinking to continuously make Icon run efficiently
- Perform other related duties and assignments as required within the service center
Qualifications, Experience, & Education (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities):
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2+ Years bookkeeping experience
- 6 Months+ reception/switchboard experience
- Computer proficiency, specifically QuickBooks, MS Office, Excel, and G-Suite
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through required
- Time management skills with the ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- Working knowledge of shipping and receiving
- Effective planning and organizational skills
- Well-developed and professional interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be able to work with confidential information
- Ability to work occasional flexible hours and overtime based on company/volume needs
- Work efficiently with minimal supervision
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear, use hands to finger, grasp, handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach with hands and arms, walk; lift, push or pull objects up to 15 pounds. Employee must be able to climb stairs to enter the office. Hand-eye coordination necessary to operate computers and various pieces of office equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience as an Office Manager or Bookkeeper
- 1-3 years of experience in a warehouse/office role
- Experience working in a manufacturing, construction, and/or sign shop environment
- Proficiency with construction payment systems, ex: Oracle Textura, Procore, etc.
- Proficiency with OneTalk phone system
Travel Required: Yes No
The work characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to perform complex tasks requiring independent knowledge and its application to non-routine situations.
The office is located near a manufacturing environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. May be exposed to dust and fluctuation in inside temperatures.
Recognize our customer and Icon 3D Signs’ commitment to safety, pride and quality work. Assist in maintaining a safe and injury free work environment for team members, visitors and anyone working at our facilities.
Available benefits include a flexible work schedule including the possibility to work remotely part of the work week after 90 days, paid time off, and professional development. Health benefits are not currently available.
COVID-19 Health & Safety Statement:
Our commitment to hiring the best talent in the industry and helping them thrive professionally is stronger than ever. Because the health of our employees and candidates is a top priority, we will be conducting the initial stages of our hiring process virtually and conducting interviews via phone or video. Your final interview will require an on-site visit. We will provide candidates selected for interviews with all the required instructions. Thank you for your interest in Icon 3D Signs.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 - $19.00 per hour
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Bookkeeping: 2 years (Required)
- Reception/Switchboard: 1 year (Required)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
This Job Is:
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place