On August 19, 2021 Governor Brown ordered all public and private school teachers, educators, support staff, substitutes and volunteers to be vaccinated by October 18, 2021 or six weeks after FDA approval, whichever is later. Since the governor’s announcement, a COVID-19 vaccine (Pfizer-BioNTech) has received regular Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approval meaning October 18, 2021 is confirmed as the mandatory deadline for vaccination. "Fully vaccinated" is defined as 14 days after receiving all required doses of an approved COVID-19 vaccine (currently two shots of Pfizer or Moderna vaccine, or one shot of Johnson & Johnson vaccine).
Starting October 18, 2021, testing will no longer be an option as the alternative to vaccination. All Northwest Regional ESD staff, substitutes, contractors, interns and volunteers will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 per the August 19, 2021 order from Gov. Kate Brown. All staff members will need to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination. Exemptions may be made only for eligible medical or religious reasons. There will not be an option to opt out for other reasons or choose testing in lieu of vaccination, under the state mandate. In order to support students and families, the essential functions of this position may require physical presence in the workplace. All public health protocols will be followed
Northwest Regional Education Service District is an equal opportunity employer; committed to building an inclusive community and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation. We are proud to be an antiracist organization. We work to understand how racial ideology is manufactured and how it impacts the lives of our staff and those we serve.
In line with our commitment to disrupting systemic racism, we acknowledge that research shows that Black, Indigenous, and people of color (BIPOC) and women are significantly less likely to apply for some positions, believing they must meet every qualification as described in the job description. At NWRESD, we value representation, and we are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job. We know that sometimes that candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. We encourage you to apply, even if you don't believe you meet every one of the qualifications described below.
Position Title: PHYSICAL THERAPIST
Department: Special Student Services
Location: Tillamook County
Reports To: Program Coordinator
FLSA Status: Exempt
Bargaining Unit: NWEA
Salary: Licensed Salary Schedule
FTE: 0.40 Part time
NW REGIONAL ESD'S MISSION STATEMENT: In partnership with the communities we serve, Northwest Regional ESD improves student learning by providing equitable access to high quality services and support.
This position evaluates and administers physical therapy services to students with physical limitations. Assists students in achieving physical and functional independent access to the educational system within their physical limitations.
QUALIFICATIONS: Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Required:
- Master's degree (M.A.) or equivalent; or four to ten year’s related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of/or ability to learn appropriate and various computer functions and programs including e-mail.
- Certificates as determined by the District including state license to practice physical therapy in the State of Oregon.
- Supervision of licensed physical therapy assistants.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS include the following. Performs some or all of the following tasks. Other duties may be assigned.
Note: The description contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the principle functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required, and the scope of responsibility, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods, or otherwise to balance the workload.
- Works as a team member with teachers, parents and special education staff in support of educational program.
- Actively participates as member of individual education plan (IEP)/IFSP team in planning goals and educational programs for individual students.
- Provides professional input and expertise to the IEP/IFSP team in determining eligibility for services, developing IEP or IFSP goals and objectives for each eligible child/student and recommends service levels.
- Under a physician's prescription/order, plans physical therapy programs based upon individual student evaluations of functional/developmental skills as well as other tests.
- Under a physician's prescription/order, provides direct individual or small group services, and/or indirect services via consultative and monitoring services to implement therapy programs to assist the family and student to meet the IEP or IFSP goals.
- Manages child/student behavior during therapy.
- Communicates with other health care providers regarding student evaluations and programs.
- Provides physical therapy support services to address and facilitate progress with student IFSP/IEP goals. Supervises LPTA's assisting in this role in accordance with state PT license laws.
- Provides consultation services to other professional and educational personnel regarding students' gross motor and functional abilities.
- Trains and supervises assignments for educational assistants (LPTAs).
NWRESD believes that every individual makes a significant contribution to our success. The administration reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary that still reflect the essential functions of the department. It is our expectation that every employee will offer their services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of the ESD’s goals.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Northwest Regional Education Service District is an equal opportunity employer; committed to building an inclusive community and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation. We are proud to be an antiracist organization. We work to understand how racial ideology is manufactured and how it impacts the lives of our staff and those we serve. Northwest Regional Education Service District is proud to be an antiracist, Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to ensuring diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to race, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, religion, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law.
Northwest Regional Education Service District is committed to providing reasonable accommodations in our recruitment procedures for individuals experiencing a disability. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Speech/Hearing impaired persons may contact the district for assistance through the Oregon telecommunications Relay Service at 1-800-735-2900. FISCAL POSITION CONTROL CODE: 3012
FRONTLINE JOB ID: 2315