OMPA creates a thriving ecosystem for arts and media creatives that connects and advocates for a strong equitable media production industry in Oregon. We believe that together we can support the workforce, develop an inclusive and innovative culture, and create meaningful connections. At the core of OMPA’s mission and our business are our members. They are our reason for being and we must ensure we are best meeting the needs of this growing and evolving membership.
We are currently evolving our leadership structure and staff. As we build our future, we're seeking an interim Membership Coordinator. We expect the position, or a variation of it, to become permanent. We are committed to the position in its below outlined form for at least three months.
OMPA seeks an interim Membership Coordinator to provide the highest member service and support the needs of the community. This customer service position has direct communication with members and provides excellent phone and email communications and support, maintaining and creating high quality relationships with members. The Membership Coordinator provides database management that helps grow community relationships and membership. The Membership Coordinator executes strategies for effective communication with members and community at large. OMPA wants to build an engaged, connected and committed membership so that they can help create a thriving ecosystem and equitable media production industry in Oregon. This role is critical to supporting that vision.
- Manage the membership database including managing member accounts, creating surveys and forms, running reports, building event registrations and making improvements to system functionality.
- Provide top notch customer service and respond to member inquiries and needs in a timely fashion.
- Conduct proactive member outreach including lapsed members, expiring/declined cards, member prospects.
- Collect, manage, and report membership data, including regular solicitation of member feedback.
- Make recommendations on courses of action to improve member experience.
- Support membership marketing efforts including collecting member stories and testimonials.
- Vet and help manage member’s listings.
- Organize internal systems of documentation and communication.
- Support large scale events that bring community leaders/members together in meaningful and impactful ways.
- Serve as an OMPA membership ambassador at events.
- Organize and prepare incoming and outgoing correspondence with the board/committees and community.
- Execute strategies for effective communication with members and community at large.
- Manage basic external communications such as social posts and weekly jobs email.
- Administrative and other tasks as assigned.
- Highly detail-oriented and enjoy working with data.
- Comfortable with learning new technology including databases and internal management tools.
- Excellent and diplomatic written, speaking and interpersonal skills. As comfortable on the phone as on email.
- Basic copywriting and editing skills
- Able to update and maintain social channels autonomously including text, graphics, photo and video imagery
- Adaptable with an ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Collaborative and value human to human connection.
- Design experiences with the users in mind.
- Ability to interpret and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Comfortable working independently and remotely.
- Can do attitude and able to complete tasks with minimal supervision.
- Passion for our vision, mission and media arts community a plus.
- Database management experience is a plus.
- Familiarity with Asana, Canva, Notion, Slack, Google Drive, Adobe Creative Suite a plus.
- Customer service experience.
- Communications and social media experience.
- At least 20 hours, usually 40 hours/week
- Pay is $17-$20/hour.
- Flexible but agreed upon hours. Mostly business hours, some after hours required.
- No benefits for the interim role. We expect benefits will be provided once the role is made permanent.
- Mix of in-office (SE Portland) and remote work. Full remote considered for candidates outside PDX metro.
- Technology and tools provided.
- Reports to the Executive Director.
Equal employment opportunity
OMPA envisions the creation of an equitable media and creative arts industry. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and thriving organization for our community. We welcome applicants of underrepresented populations especially, but not limited to religion, race, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. We will make hiring decisions based on the business needs of the organization, experience, qualifications, merit and personality.