The Dual Diagnosis Evaluator conducts assessments for corrections clients in collaboration with Multnomah County Corrections at Multiple outpatient sites.
Pay/Benefits: $62,229 starting annual salary plus Full benefits.
- Receives referrals from parole officers to provide assessments for clients within the Multnomah County corrections system.
- Conducts Mental Health and Alcohol and Drug assessments in accordance with DSM IV and ASAM criteria
- Coordinates with Lifeworks NW intake department and initiates referrals for ongoing therapy.
- Coordinates with parole officers and community resources providing referrals for services to clients.
- Document and maintain client records to ensure compliance with agency and contract guidelines and confidentiality. Completes documentation as required within the corrections system.
- Gather and maintain data for program monitoring and evaluation purposes.
- Develop and provide training to parole officers regarding issues of mental health, addiction and behavior management as it relates to clients.
- Provides consultation to Parole Officers regarding client needs including evaluation reports and other issues as they arise.
- Good computer skills including a functional knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Ability to master use of proprietary software including electronic health record system.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills and maintains a cooperative working relationship with others in a culturally diverse environment.
- Attend and participate in county corrections/mental health meetings. Participate in regular individual and team meetings with supervisor. Attend informational and clinical meetings which may include all staff and team meetings, consultation with other staff and required trainings.'
- Participates in organizing professional training and education for Corrections personnel .
- Qualified licensed clinicians may be requested to provide licensure supervision as part of their regular position in compliance with the rules of their licensing board.
- Master's degree in area of specialization directly related to work performed with prior experience working with addictions clients.
- CADC1 required or ability to obtain within 6 months of hire.
- More than 1 year experience in broad range of clinical interventions and mental health assessment specific to the client population.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct an assessment, including identifying precipitating events, gathering histories of mental and physical health, alcohol and other drug use, past mental health services and criminal justice contacts, assessing family, social and working relationships and conducting a mental status examination; complete a five-axis DSM diagnosis; write and supervise the implementation of an Individual Service and Support Plan; and provide individual, family and/or group therapy within the scope of their training.
- Compliance with federal and state confidentiality rules and regulations for alcohol and drug treatment records.
- Knowledge of community resources and treatment agencies enabling appropriate referrals for specific client needs.
- Knowledge of medications commonly used by client population.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills and ability to provide culturally-competent treatment services to diverse client populations.
- Good computer skills including a functional knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and Word. Ability to master proprietary software including electronic health record system.
LifeWorks NW is a private, non-profit organization providing prevention, mental health, substance use treatment, and related social services to youths, adults, and older adults in over fifteen locations throughout Multnomah, Washington, and Clackamas counties. LifeWorks NW promotes a healthy community by providing quality and culturally responsive mental health and addiction services across the lifespan.
Our core values-Recovery and Relationships, Resilience, and Results-inform the work we do. The four pillars of the strategic vision include Compassionate, Impactful Care, Holistic Health, Passionate Team, and Thriving Organization. Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are critical to successfully achieving the mission. We know that "life works" when people get the help they need and are dedicated to changing lives.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Drug Free/Tobacco Free Site 01/09