Close Date: Open Until Filled
Central City Concern is an innovative nonprofit agency providing comprehensive services to single adults and families in the Portland metro area who are impacted by homelessness, poverty and addictions. We hire people that are skilled and passionate to meet our mission through outcome-based strategies which support personal and community transformation.
CCC’s Blackburn Center is seeking an On-Call Medical Assistant to join the team!
Blackburn Center is a new six-floor building in East Portland, Oregon (clinic and housing) that will give vulnerable people access to integrated housing, employment and health services, and provide support they need to stabilize and rebuild their lives.
On-Call employees must work at least once in every 6 month period to remain active on payroll. Variable shifts from Monday-Friday between 7:30am-5:15pm.
Duties will include:
- Providing patient-centered care.
- MAs work to support providers and patients throughout the patient visit and are also integral members of the patient care team.
- Collection, documentation and reporting of patient’s vital signs per clinic protocols.
- Completion of preventive screening questions and medication reconciliation with patients
- Exam room stocking and setup pre-visit and clean-up post-visit
- Administer injectable medications per provider order, with appropriate documentation according to clinic protocols.
- Current MA certification from a nationally recognized program (such as AAMA or NCCT), or must obtain certification within 90 days of hire
- Must have current CPR certification by first day of employment
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, TB test, and background check. This includes clearance by the DHS Background Check Unit.
This description is intended to provide a snapshot of the work performed and is not designed to contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the position.
As an agency deeply rooted in recovery, part of our policy and commitment to a drug and alcohol-free workplace includes post-offer, pre-employment drug screens. Please note we follow Federal Guidelines regarding prohibited substances, even for those legal at the state level.
***Uploading a cover letter and resume to your application is preferred for this opportunity.***