Make a difference at OCHIN!
OCHIN is dedicated to creating a healthier future in every community. Our Health IT solutions improve the integration and delivery of health care services across a wide variety of practices—with an emphasis on safety net clinics and small practices.
Here at OCHIN, our goal is simple: to provide solutions that promote access to quality, affordable health care for all. OCHIN believes that each individual, no matter their background or zip code, should have fair opportunity to achieve their full health potential. Our work addresses differences in health that are systemic, avoidable, and unjust. This mission sets us apart from other health technology organizations.
Over the last 20 years, we’ve grown from a small start-up to one of the nation’s largest and most successful Health Information Networks. We are curious, collaborative learners who strive to live our values everyday: leadership, collaboration, excellence, innovation, inclusion and stewardship. At OCHIN we partner, learn, innovate, and advocate in order to close the gap in health for individuals and communities negatively impacted by structural, unconscious, or overt inequities.
The Project Manager will support the Interoperability team to supports the mission of OCHIN by providing project leadership for any assigned project, up to and including software implementation and technical projects. Project Managers plan, budget, oversee and document all aspects of projects with varying degrees of complexity within our organization. This role regularly consults with upper management to ensure the scope and direction of each project is on schedule, collaborating across the organization for support. Project Managers work closely with project champions and owners to achieve successful member set-ups and assist with work management of cross-functional teams.
- Building, managing, and organizing appropriate project plans for any assigned projects.
- Developing, maintaining, and revising all project materials.
- Collaborating and negotiating with project sponsors and other stakeholders on project management strategy, timeframes, and specific outcomes to be achieved.
- Identifying relevant stakeholders to any project and building communication strategies to keep each project on time, within budget, and successful.
- Identifying and managing project risks and issues, communicating project status, and negotiating changes in project scope, resources, or timeline to ensure that the project sponsor and the partner or client are satisfied with project results.
- Escalating risks and issues as appropriate to the project sponsor and/or the external partner.
- Providing coordination among multiple parties who may be participating in technical projects (vendors, OCHIN, clients, and external partners).
- Employing change management strategies and tactics.
- Working closely with project sponsors, OCHIN management, and other stakeholders to ensure that projects and project tactics align with organizational goals.
- Assisting in identification of opportunities for process and quality improvement both internally to OCHIN and by informing members of other OCHIN services available to them.
- Coordinating with partner site project managers to obtain necessary information, data, and input to achieve on-time member set-up goals.
- Providing excellent customer service to members and to other external and internal project stakeholders.
- Assisting in development and strategy of customer service policies and tools.
- Providing on-site coordination and leadership for managing any project to successful completion.
- Participating in organizational strategic planning and alignment with resulting goals and tactics.
- Mentor, Coach and Train less experienced Project Managers.
- Collaborate on process improvements within team.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in complex project management in a healthcare and IT setting.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Healthcare, Health Informatics preferred) or a combination of college education and 5-7 years of relevant experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Project or similar system preferred.
- Candidates with Epic certification, prior Epic Install Experience preferred.
- Experience with Interoperability and/or Interface/ HL7 will be given preference.
- PMP certification preferred.
- Proven success in internal and external communication and relationship management with all levels of expertise from administrative to executive.
- Technical aptitude to fully understand and gain the necessary knowledge required to effectively collaborate with members.
- 2,000-5,000 hours leading and managing projects desired.
Work Location and Travel Requirements
- This position is 100% remote. Work from home requirements are:
- Ability to work independently and efficiently from a home office environment.
- High Speed Internet Service.
- It is a requirement that employees work in a distraction free workplace.
- Travel may be required based on business requirements for OCHIN Go-Live events, 1-2 trips per year.
We offer a comprehensive range of benefits. See our website for details: https://ochin.org/employment-openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement
OCHIN is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills for the benefit of our staff, our mission, and the communities we serve.
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, OCHIN, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, marital or civil union status, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other protected characteristics. All aspects of employment are based on merit, performance, and business needs.