Seniority Bid Close Date: 9/29/22
Central City Concern is an innovative nonprofit agency providing comprehensive services to single adults and families in the Portland metro area who are impacted by homelessness, poverty and addictions. We hire people that are skilled and passionate to meet our mission through outcome-based strategies which support personal and community transformation.
CCC’s LEAD program is seeking a Case Manager to join our team!
Schedule: Monday-Thursday, 8:00am-6:30pm
Base Union Salary: $18.69
The Law Enforcement Assisted Diversion (LEAD) teams work to help low-level drug offenders move toward recovery, find stability and avoid reoffending. As a Case Manager, you would be working directly with clients to navigate resources and find assistance that best fit their needs. Collaboration and advocacy on this team are key in finding the best resources and providing the best possible services for our clients.
Description of Duties:
- Engage referred individuals and collect information about their history and current situation.
- Develop strengths-based plan with individuals using a harm reduction approach and knowledge of Motivational Interviewing and Stages of Change to inform and guide work.
- Provide outreach and crisis stabilization in a community setting and collaborate in Operational meetings with outside partners.
- Utilize interdisciplinary expertise and facilitate service plans through clinical staff meetings, huddles and case conferences.
- Participate in rotation of carrying after-hours pager and providing holiday coverage with team members.
- Participate in Outreach activities necessary to offer services and engage participation in non-coercive manner (escort individuals to meeting and appointments as necessary).
- Conduct education and support groups for individuals, using approved curriculum.
- Collaborate with community service providers for case management services and coordinate residential and non-residential treatment and service planning.
- Collaborate with PPB, courts and other agencies for resources and assistance.
- Coordinate services with all members of individual's support network.
- Participate in training opportunities to advance skills and knowledge in addictions and mental health.
- Completed GED or High School Diploma
- A combination of at least 2 year's of work, education, training or experience in substance use or mental health treatment, outreach or case management preferred.
- Must pass a preemployment drug screen and background check.
- Central City Concern is committed to a drug-free workplace that encourages a safe, healthy and productive work environment and strictly complies with the Drug-Free Work Place Act of 1988. An employee shall not, in the workplace, unlawfully manufacture, distribute, dispense, possess or use a controlled substance or alcohol.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check. This includes clearance by the DHS Background Check Unit.
- Must possess a current driver’s license, pass a DMV background check and be designated an “acceptable” driver as outlined in Central City Concern’s Fleet Safety Policy. Must pass an initial drivers training within 60 days of being an approved driver and continued recertification training.
- The OAR prohibits A&D program staff from having within the previous 3 years a DUI conviction or diversion, a felony conviction, or a conviction under the Uniform Controlled Substances Act.
Benefits: Central City Concern offers an incredible benefits package to our employees:
- Generous paid time off plan which provides up to 4 weeks of PTO accrual in the first year. Accrual increases with longevity.
- Amazing 403(b) Retirement Savings plan with competitive employer match!
- 10 paid Holidays PLUS 2 Personal Holidays to be used at the employee’s discretion.
- Comprehensive Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance coverage.
- Employer Paid Life, Short Term Disability, AND Long Term Disability Insurance!
This description is intended to provide a snapshot of the work performed and is not designed to contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the position.
As an agency deeply rooted in recovery, part of our policy and commitment to a drug and alcohol-free workplace includes post-offer, pre-employment drug screens. Please note we follow Federal Guidelines regarding prohibited substances, even for those legal at the state level.