Bilingual Case Aid
Full Time, Full Benefits
Job Req #1313
The Case Aide works closely with the Case Management team in order to facilitate completion of all ORR requirements for case management for youth in care. This includes contact with sponsors regarding family reunification packet completion, records requests, internal case file audits, involvement in the medical services, data entry, meetings with clients, organizing casefiles, filing, scheduling fingerprint appointments. The Case Aide provides administrative support to the client’s family, as well as help prepare and process forms, applications and other paperwork as needed. In addition, this position may transport clients, among other assigned tasks.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Clerical responsibilities including data entry, completing reports, tracking, filing, form completion
- Client and sponsor interviews to fill out ORR required documentation for digital fingerprints
- Duties necessary for department completion of case management functions under the supervision of the Lead Case Manager and other members of the CM team.
About the Program:
Our shelter is well equipped to comfortably care and provide support for up to 50 youth at a time. Through our residential facility, the youth have access to education, and mental health services onsite. The program serves adolescent boys and girls, (11 – 17 years of age) The youth primarily arrive from Latin American countries, occasionally from other countries such as South East Asia, Eastern Europe and Africa.
Education and Work Experience:
A typical background for the person who can fulfill the duties of this position is as follows:
- High School diploma or equivalency
- Bi-lingual in Spanish and English required
- Minimum 2 years consecutive office experience preferred
- Experience working with adolescents preferred
We consider education, training, experience and demonstrated skills.
- Child welfare and/or case management experience is strongly encouraged.
- Pass a DHS criminal history background
- Meet agency driving requirements.
- Travel between program locations
- Language testing, if applicable
Starting Pay Rate:
Bilingual Case Aid: $16.00 - $17.02
Why join us?
- Benefits and Perks – Extensive benefit package includes medical, dental and vision coverage. Company provided Life and Long-Term Disability. Paid vacation and sick time. Transportation stipend for employees working at our downtown location.
- We make a difference in our community – At Morrison we provide a comprehensive continuum of mental health, substance abuse and prevention and education services for youth, from birth through age 21. We work with families and communities to make a difference in every child’s life.
Morrison Child and Family Services is a non-profit organization that provides a comprehensive array of services to children, adolescents, and their families. As an agency Morrison, its team members, and clients commit to the following values of trauma-informed care:
- Nonviolence - being safe and doing the right thing
- Emotional Intelligence - managing our feelings so we don’t hurt ourselves or others
- Social Learning - respecting and sharing ideas of our teams
- Democracy - shared decision making whenever possible
- Open Communication - saying what we mean and not being mean when we say it
- Social Responsibility - everyone makes a contribution to the organizational culture
- Growth and Change - creating hope for our clients and ourselves
- Equity - Assuring all can survive and thrive
Visit our website (www.morrisonkids.org) to learn more about our mission and history and our strategy for accomplishing our goal of achieving significant, positive, and long-term clinical outcomes for the clients we serve.
At Morrison we celebrate diversity. Through our commitment to equity and inclusion, we support our communities to move beyond disparity and oppression and work with compassion, integrity, and dedication to social justice through the implementation of goals and policies. We strive to create an inclusive and anti-racist organization by ensuring that racial identity will not determine or predict the quality of trauma-informed care a child receives; to that effect, we’re looking for candidates who can provide culturally-appropriate care or possess the ability to hold each other and yourself accountable to the diversity and uniqueness of all individuals within Morrison, our clients and our community stakeholders.
External Candidate Process: Click here to apply
*** If viewing job through a job board without enabled links please visit: www.morrisonkids.org/careers
Internal Candidate Process: Current Morrison employees, please visit our Internal Career Center by logging in Workforce Now ADP and following this path: Myself > Talent > Career Center
Not the right fit, or not yet ready to apply?
Join our Talent Community! We will keep you updated on positions that fit your skill set and interest!
To be considered for this position you must follow this application procedure.
Position Open Until Enough Qualified Applicants Have Responded
We strive to Create a Diverse, Inclusive environment to Better Serve our Clients.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.