This position contributes to the mission of the organization by troubleshooting, problem-solving, making recommendations, and supporting implementation to address US Programs data management and IT challenges. This position supports program needs including digital clinic practice tools, monitoring and evaluation tools, assessment, and reporting. It provides data analysis and reporting for US Programs department efforts, and operational support to program activities in collaboration with the Information Systems Team. This position is M-F, full time, occasional weekends and evenings, on call during COVID testing clinic hours. 6 month placement with possibility to extend.
Medical Teams International Calling:
Daring to love like Jesus, we boldly break barriers to health and restore wholeness in a hurting world.
- Analyze current business processes and make recommendations for improvement.
- Improve training and operational procedures to streamline operational activities and improve data quality.
- Work with internal and external clients to understand data reporting requirements.
- Create and present reports to executive/leadership team members and stakeholders to support program goals and recommendations.
- Oversee implementation of projects from inception to completion.
- Use a variety of data analysis and organizational tools to uncover insights.
- Monitors and recommend improvements to an organization’s software, hardware and business systems.
- Work closely with USP Leadership to understand business and client requirements and implement processes to meet those needs – particularly HIPAA compliance.
- Make recommendation and implement improvements to the current operations and procedures of the organization.
- Develop self-help or procedural documentation and knowledge materials
- Work in partnership with Information systems team.
- Support safeguarding of program participants and employees through promoting an environment of awareness and upholding the code of conduct provisions of Medical Teams Protection from Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, Child & Vulnerable Adult protection, and harassment-free workplace policies.
- When appropriate, incorporate the use of volunteers in daily job functions.
- Additional duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, LICENSES, & CERTIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in IS, business, or related field.
- Master’s degree in business or related field.
- Minimum 3 years’ business analyst experience.
- Minimum 2 years’ help desk experience in troubleshooting issues in the field such as laptops, tablets, and printers.
- Experience in detailed report generation and analysis.
- Experience in project management and developing/managing metrics/analytics.
- Collaborative experience working on and supporting cross-functional teams.
- Microsoft Office (client applications) and Office365 (SharePoint/Teams and OneDrive sync) expertise.
- Understanding of Business Intelligence reporting.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Commitment to Medical Teams International Calling Statement and Core Values.
- Problem-solving, analytical, and innovation skills.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to translate complex ideas into simple language for non-technicians.
- Solid technical background and skilled at developing releases for Upgrades, troubleshooting and implementation of new hardware programs.
- Project management skills, ability to drive projects from inception to completion.
- Detail oriented, with an ability to generate and maintain highly accurate records.
- Advanced level of skills in Excel.
- Ability to assess and analyze a variety of business-related data and propositions.
- Must be willing/able to exercise considerable initiative to independently plan, organize and follow through on tasks.
- Must have the ability to consistently communicate professionally and effectively with all constituents, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to precisely define and communicate problem statements and solutions.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others.
- Ability to travel up to 15% of the time within the Pacific Northwest.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS
Tools and Equipment Used:
- Requires frequent use of personal computer, including word processing, database programs; calculator, telephone, copy machine and fax machine.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is required to walk; climb stairs; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands, and arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.