Facilities and Safety Coordinator - Downtown
Full Time, Full Benefits
Job Requisition: 1323
Plan, coordinate and lead moderately complex facilities related projects with both internal customers and vendors. Responsible for performing direct skilled maintenance, repairs, assembly, and installation in support of Morrison Child and Family Services’ programs at the Downtown location. Responsible for system safety oversight, occupational safety, and daily safety within/around facilities. Serve as a focal point performing duties which include but are not limited to: maintenance, project management, compliance, coordination with property management, and strategic planning and projects.
Main Job Duties:
- Strategically schedule ongoing maintenance and “punch list” items in a way that is efficient and allows for other projects and high priority items to be completed on schedule.
- Anticipate and respond to customer service requests; assess customer satisfaction and improve existing processes.
- Develop project plans in coordination with Manager when appropriate and provide timely updates.
- Plan, schedule, and coordinate general maintenance and projects.
Education and Work Experience:
Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
- 3 years in facilities-related management field
- 1-2 years of facilities safety including Hazard Communication, MSDS compliance, vendor MSDS management
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Basic knowledge of Occupational Safety principles and emergency procedures
- Knowledge of proper lifting techniques; body mechanics
- Formal technical or project management training
- General maintenance skills including plumbing, electrical, sheet rock, carpentry skills and building maintenance.
- Fluent in the Spanish language including the ability to read, write and speak.
- Pass a DHS criminal history background
- Meet agency driving requirements
- Complete and pass third party physical test scheduled by Morrison
- Willingness to respond to emergencies relating to facility operations which could occur at any time of day.
- Some irregular hours outside of normal business hours.
Pay Range: $22.93 – $24.41 per hour
Morrison Child and Family Services is a non-profit organization that provides a comprehensive array of services to children, adolescents, and their families. As an agency Morrison, its team members, and clients commit to the following values of trauma-informed care:
- Nonviolence - being safe and doing the right thing
- Emotional Intelligence - managing our feelings so we don’t hurt ourselves or others
- Social Learning - respecting and sharing ideas of our teams
- Democracy - shared decision making whenever possible
- Open Communication - saying what we mean and not being mean when we say it
- Social Responsibility - everyone makes a contribution to the organizational culture
- Growth and Change - creating hope for our clients and ourselves
- Equity - Assuring all can survive and thrive
Visit our website to learn more about our mission and history and our strategy for accomplishing our goal of achieving significant, positive, and long-term clinical outcomes for the clients we serve.
At Morrison we celebrate diversity. Through our commitment to equity and inclusion, we support our communities to move beyond disparity and oppression and work with compassion, integrity, and dedication to social justice through the implementation of goals and policies. We strive to create an inclusive and anti-racist organization by ensuring that racial identity will not determine or predict the quality of trauma-informed care a child receives; to that effect, we’re looking for candidates who can provide culturally-appropriate care or possess the ability to hold each other and yourself accountable to the diversity and uniqueness of all individuals within Morrison, our clients and our community stakeholders.
*** If viewing job through a job board without enabled links please visit: www.morrisonkids.org/careers
Internal Candidate Process: Current Morrison employees, please visit our Internal Career Center by logging in Workforce Now ADP and following this path: Myself > Talent > Career Center
Not the right fit, or not yet ready to apply?
Join our Talent Community! We will keep you updated on positions that fit your skill set and interest!
To be considered for this position you must follow this application procedure.
Position Open Until Enough Qualified Applicants Have Responded
We strive to Create a Diverse, Inclusive environment to Better Serve our Clients.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Internal Tracking: ADP posted 4/1