Central City Concern is an innovative nonprofit agency providing comprehensive services to single adults and families in the Portland metro area who are impacted by homelessness, poverty and addictions. We hire people that are skilled and passionate to meet our mission through innovative outcome-based strategies which support personal and community transformation.
CCC’s Hooper Detox Center is seeking On-Call Nurses! This is a continuous job posting to build our applicant pool for current vacancies and/or future full-time, part-time, and variable on-call shifts. Shifts available now!
On Call employees must work at least once in every 6 month period to remain active on payroll. Wage: $44.67 an hour
Hooper Detox provides both inpatient and outpatient withdrawal management and stabilization services for people seeking treatment for substance use disorders. Many of the staff at Hooper are in recovery themselves and have experienced the challenges that come with withdrawal and early stabilization. They serve as reminders that recovery is possible and often provide the first rays of hope for the long journey ahead.
This position provides direct patient care for a medically monitored 24 hour 7 day a week 60- bed detoxification and stabilization center.
Duties will include:
- Provide direct care and delegate care of patients as indicated by patient needs.
- Administer medications and treatments as directed by the standing orders and/or by a physician. Utilize Pyxis and maintain electronic bed list.
- Observe and record pertinent information with regard to the care and condition of patients.
- Make referrals to hospitals and other agencies.
- Provide patient care and other work related directives for Subacute Technicians.
- Completion of an accredited two, three or four year course of training for nurses.
- Current Oregon RN license.
- Must have current Basic Life Support (CPR/BLS) certification before first day of employment
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, TB test, and background check. The OAR prohibits A&D program staff from having within the previous 3 years a DUI conviction or diversion, a felony conviction, or a conviction under the Uniform Controlled Substances Act.
This description is intended to provide a snapshot of the work performed and is not designed to contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the position.
As an agency deeply rooted in recovery, part of our policy and commitment to a drug and alcohol-free workplace includes post-offer, pre-employment drug screens. Please note we follow Federal Guidelines regarding prohibited substances, even for those legal at the state level.