The Grants Manager Assistant provides administrative support for grants program operations and grants database management. This role supports prospective applicants, helps facilitate documents from review through the grants meeting process, and provides support for the post-award processes. This position also supports various panels, the Senior Program Director of Grants, and the Program Directors with a range of administrative needs. This full-time, in-office position requires a self-starter who works well individually or as part of a collegial and congenial team.
REPORTING AND SUPERVISORY RELATIONSHIPS
Reports to the Senior Program Director for Grants and is supervised by the Grants Manager.
- Supports the proposal review process, grants meeting preparation process, and post-award process as follows:
- Assists with checking backup materials and creating review packets.
- Inputs data into Fluxx Proposal Review section.
- Prepares Meeting Results Sheets.
- Cleanup of current grants meeting Proposal Review folders.
- Uploads electronic packets to records in Fluxx.
- Creates and populates electronic proposal review folders for Program Directors that include all materials related to the pending review process, e.g., full application, board of directors list, Proposal Review document.
- Provides administrative support to the following aspects of the Letter of Inquiry and grant application process:
- Provides general assistance and technical support to applicants in coordination with the Grantee Relations Associate.
- Supports the registration process of new Fluxx users and the ongoing maintenance of Fluxx people and organization cards.
- Facilitates the flow of Letters of Inquiry with the Senior Program Director for Grants and applicant organizations, verifies applicant IRS eligibility and ensures the application is ready for processing.
- Assists Grants Manager with data collection, clean-up, and reporting.
- Provides administrative support to the Science Advisory and Public Policy panels.
- Generates and updates a rolling three-year grants calendar for the Senior Program Director for Grants and the Executive Director and communicates with the Program Directors and Grant Management Team.
- Supports the Senior Program Director for Grants with pre-Letter of Inquiry appointments and other engagements and assists Program Directors with meetings, outings, calls and other tasks.
- Provides basic technical Office 365 assistance to Program Directors.
- Oversees special projects in a collaborative manner, serves on committees for staff events, and performs other duties as assigned.
- Serves on Trust wide task forces as requested. Also performs other duties and support as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- A bachelor’s degree and a minimum of one-year prior administrative experience.
- Demonstrates strong organizational skills, knowledge of office operations, the ability to be detail-oriented, and excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must possess in-depth technical skills, particularly Office 365 and Excel and have ability to learn Trust computer systems and software. Preference given to prior experience with database systems.
- Demonstrates an understanding and commitment to the mission, ethos, and core values of the Trust and the grant making initiatives.
- An understanding and appreciation for the nonprofit sector.
- Demonstrate background in proactive administrative management, problem solving and teamwork.
- Interpersonal skills that allow for cordial and hospitable communication with constituents by phone or in person.
Please include your understanding and experience related to the job description in a cover letter and send along with your resume to email@example.com.