Bilingual Mental Health Clinician
Full Time, Full Benefits
***(20-30 hour/week) options also available***
Job Req #1307
Our Shelter program is seeking to hire a Mental Health Clinician (MHC) to provide mental health assessments, and conduct mental status examinations, as well as provide ongoing individual and group counseling services. The Mental Health Clinician will also screen for human trafficking concerns and provide crisis intervention services.
We’re committed to providing quality services in a culturally competent manner. Due to program needs, the perfect candidate will be bilingual (Spanish and English) to ensure effective communication with youth in our care.
Currently, Morrison is monitoring the needs of its residential programs and how to maintain social distancing and best practices during this pandemic. Staff are working from home and coming into the office during this time. This will change depending on the amount of youth in care and the demands at the three ORR programs, as this position is expected to assist other programs as needed. Initially during training and shadowing we would expect a typical work week to be 3 days in the office and 2 days working from home attending meeting and trainings virtually.
- Additional responsibilities include
- Conducting best practice suicide risk assessments and flight risk assessments
- Providing safety planning
- Providing required documentation, services and external communication for youth on their caseload.
Program: Immigrant Youth Services
Our shelter is well equipped to comfortably care and provide support for up to 50 youth at a time. Through our residential facility, the youth have access to education, and mental health services onsite. The program serves adolescent boys and girls, (11 – 17 years of age) The youth primarily arrive from Latin American countries, occasionally from other countries such as South East Asia, Eastern Europe and Africa.
- Education and Experience Requirements:
We consider education, training, experience and demonstrated skills. A typical background for the person who can fulfill the duties of this position is as follows:
- Master’s degree in social work with clinical experience in the program, or master’s degree in psychology, sociology, or other relevant behavioral science in which direct clinical experience is a program requirement,
- Qualify as a QMHP in the State of Oregon
- Bi-lingual in Spanish and English, written, read and verbal required, must be able to provide mental health services in Spanish
This position requires ORR approval; exceptions to the minimum qualifications require ORR’s explicit written approval prior to hire and ORR may require supervision plans and additional training
- Other Requirements:
- Must pass DHS criminal history check
- Meet agency driving requirements
- Language Testing for both English and Spanish language, when applicable.
Bilingual Mental Health Clinician: $23.10 - $25.60 (Unlicensed)
Bilingual (Spanish) Mental Health Clinician $25.48 – $27.13 (Licensed)
Morrison Child and Family Services is a non-profit organization that provides a comprehensive array of services to children, adolescents, and their families. As an agency Morrison, its team members, and clients commit to the following values of trauma-informed care:
- Nonviolence - being safe and doing the right thing
- Emotional Intelligence - managing our feelings so we don’t hurt ourselves or others
- Social Learning - respecting and sharing ideas of our teams
- Democracy - shared decision making whenever possible
- Open Communication - saying what we mean and not being mean when we say it
- Social Responsibility - everyone makes a contribution to the organizational culture
- Growth and Change - creating hope for our clients and ourselves
- Equity – ensuring that all have what they need to survive and thrive
Visit our website to learn more about mission and history and our strategy for accomplishing our goal of achieving significant, positive, and long-term clinical outcomes for the clients we serve.
At Morrison we celebrate diversity. Through our commitment to equity and inclusion, we support our communities to move beyond disparity and oppression and work with compassion, integrity, and dedication to social justice through the implementation of goals and policies. We strive to create an inclusive and anti-racist organization by ensuring that racial identity will not determine or predict the quality of trauma-informed care a child receives; to that effect, we’re looking for candidates who can provide culturally-appropriate care or possess the ability to hold each other and yourself accountable to the diversity and uniqueness of all individuals within Morrison, our clients and our community stakeholders.
External Candidate Process: If viewing job through a job board without enabled links please apply by visiting:
Internal Candidate Process: Current Morrison employees, please visit our Internal Career Center by logging in Workforce Now ADP and following this path: Myself > Talent > Career Center > Mental Health Clinician - Shelter
Not the right fit, or not yet ready to apply?
Join our Talent Community! We will keep you updated on positions that fit your skill set and interest!
To be considered for this position you must follow this application procedure
Position Open Until Enough Qualified Applicants Have Responded
We strive to Create a Diverse, Inclusive environment to Better Serve our Clients.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer