The mission of Project Access NOW is to improve the health of our community by creating access to care and services for those most in need. Project Access NOW coordinates a network of physicians and other healthcare providers, making it easier for them to donate medically necessary care to low-income, uninsured people in our communities.
Job Title: Community Assistance Program Coordinator
Reports to: Community Assistance Program Manager
Hours: 40 hours per week
Salary: $18.25 - $23.50 DOE Full benefits offered. (Medical, dental, vision, life, FSA, and 401K)
The Community Assistance Program supports hospital discharge staff in connecting low-income patients with community resources to foster a safe discharge from a hospital/clinic setting, and works with Care Coordination organizations (CCO) in connecting Medicaid clients with non-medical assistance. This position is responsible for supporting the day-to-day operations of the program. This position involves working directly with community vendors, clinical staff, case managers, and clients, and accordingly requires excellent communication skills. This position requires a person who has strong analytical skills, is a creative problem solver, and is good at building and maintaining relationships with various stakeholders. As an organization, we work with client health information, which requires all employees adhere to strict confidentiality guidelines. An excellent candidate for the position will be a flexible, self-directed person who pays great attention to detail, communicates clearly and respectfully, and is resourceful.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
● Provide general customer support for Clara users including unlocking accounts, trouble shoot issues, secure resources needing coordinator assistance
● Enter client data into Pharmacy Benefits Management (PBM/Argus) database and enter override authorizations
● Communicate with clients and clinic staff regarding pharmacy benefits for clients in the Classic Program
● Reconcile invoices from vendors and monitor data entry in Clara, as well as coordinate with team to pay vendors
● Enter bills and receipts into Quickbooks
● Facilitate payment for services
● Support Program Manager in negotiating and administering vendor contracts with community service providers
● Coordinate with vendors and Program Implementation Specialist to develop workflows and surveys to be incorporated into Clara
● Provide training and support to hospital caregivers/discharge planners and case managers (specific to the Community Assistance Program
● Problem solve with providers and CCO case managers to connect clients to services.
● Provide additional support for various pilot projects
● Update Clara users to changes in the system via newsletter
● Create documentation for new and evolving workflows
● **Strong analytical and problem solving skills**
● Administrative/customer/client service experience required
● Experience with or knowledge of the health care environment
● Efficiency in MS Office
● Experience in health care, social service, and/or non-profit sector required
● Data entry experience required
● Quickbooks experience (preferred not required)
● Bilingual in Spanish required
● Ability to work independently and as a team
● Strong communication skills
● Ability to prioritize tasks
● High level of organizational skills
● Excellent phone skills
● Excellent attention to detail
● Creative and flexible
● Office space with stairs (no ADA access)
● Ability to lift 10-20 lbs.
● Frequent use of keyboard, monitor, mouse, telephone, and/or headset
Please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com Project Access NOW recognizes the value of a diverse workforce and believes a diverse work environment empowers our community. We strongly encourage all qualified candidates to apply regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, or religious affiliation.