Title: Contact Center Travel Advisor
Location: Beaverton, OR
Reports To: Supervisor
About the role...
If you love to travel and possess superior knowledge of the world and geography, we want you! We are seeking enthusiastic, motivated, driven Contact Center Travel Advisors, to consult and direct participants to fulfill their lifelong learning travel dreams -and beyond! We offer extensive training, excellent benefits, and a unique environment filled with culture and creativity. We embrace passion and enthusiasm -for travel and life!
• Manage and field inbound/ outbound calls with a positive attitude, and a flexible approach-- offering creative solutions
• Provide outstanding customer service utilizing solid sales and service-driven skills to match, exceed, and fulfill customer expectations and requests
• Educate all participants and all potential participants by promoting and resonating Road Scholar brand
• Actively assist with long-term goals/objectives to improve & streamline efficiency overall in Participant Services Department
• Assure call center standards are consistently met and managed
• Monitor database information -- ensure all communications are consistent, clear, accurate and up to date
• Attend training and continual research –keep up to date with worldly geography and knowledge, striving for growth opportunities and future challenges
• Quickly master resources, tools, and database systems to enroll participants into our programs
• Satisfy or exceed performance standards/expectations in accordance with goals, objectives and metrics for the role
• Offer positive outcomes and solutions through proven, effective, and exemplary service techniques
• 0-2 years’ experience of customer service and/or sales experience
• Focused and driven individual who thrives (and enjoy) a multi-tasking fast-paced environment
• Reliability, flexibility, and commitment to rotating schedules
• Must be results driven-- Enthusiastic, motivated, self-starter
• Strong CRM and computer skills -- willing to learn new software and programs
• Professional communication skills (phone, verbal and email)
• Patient and top notch listening skills
• Proficiency in Geography preferred
• Ability to travel domestically or internationally if needed.
• Ability to work from home with an internet connection on occasions due to business needs.
*This is not a work from home position.
The Leader in Educational Travel for Adults since 1975.
Make Learning and Adventure Your Career
It takes talent to be the world's best not-for-profit educational organization for adults. When it comes to creating educational travel adventures that enrich the lives and fulfill the dreams of adults, there's no organization better than Road Scholar. What's our secret? Dedicated and talented staff who believe in our mission.Our headquarters are located in Boston, MA and we have offices throughout the United States, in the United Kingdom and Australia. We are always on the lookout for people who are excited by, enthusiastic for and believe in the power of our mission.
We offer competitive compensation and excellent benefits::
• Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
• 3 weeks PTO
• 50% reimbursement on MBTA commuting costs up to $150 per month
• $1,000 program credit toward one Road Scholar learning adventure per year
• $5,000 tuition reimbursement per year
• Retirement Plan with a company match up to 5%
• And more… Check out our Careers webpage at www.roadscholar.org/about/careers for more details.
ROAD SCHOLAR SUPPORTS DIVERSITY IN OUR STAFF, PARTICIPANTS AND PROGRAMS.