Do you have a passion for Oregon, an appreciation of the unpredictable and somewhat maverick nature of this place we call home?
Working for Travel Oregon is much more than a job, it’s a quirky sense of humor and the pursuit of a life less ordinary. It’s also an eternal quest for that next great meal, powdery slope, lighthouse view or salmon run, all while working to strengthen the impact of tourism on the state’s economy by providing visitors with authentic, high quality Oregon vacation experiences. Our team delivers unequaled tourism expertise to the entire state and tells Oregon’s story to the world while ensuring the preservation of Oregon’s way of life and its natural places.
We are currently recruiting for a Global Sales Coordinator for our office in downtown Portland. This position coordinates activities that promote Oregon as an ideal destination to out-of-state domestic and international target markets and provides confidential administrative support to the Vice President of Global Sales and the Director of Global Sales, as well as support to the Global Sales Team. Duties include a variety of administrative support tasks and assisting with planning and logistics of international tradeshows, international sales missions, special promotions and in-state familiarization tours. Read more about our Global Sales team HERE.
The successful candidate is self-motivated, detail-oriented, energetic, and highly organized. In addition, here’s what we expect you to bring to the table:
• A minimum of three years administrative experience in a fast-paced work environment, ideally supporting an executive and a team and providing support to ensure commitments and deadlines are met.
• An Associate’s Degree or higher is preferred; relative, additional work experience will be considered in lieu of degree. Tell us why your field or background makes you a match!
• Demonstrated success in coordinating projects, planning and executing meetings, events and trainings with the ability to juggle multiple projects and meet deadlines with exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
• Competence in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Outlook, including familiarity with presentation development using Power Point. Proficiency in the use of project management and collaboration tools such as Basecamp, Google Docs, Dropbox, Microsoft 365 and others. Experience with Adobe Acrobat and Salesforce highly helpful.
• A customer service orientation with the ability to respond to expectations and requirements of both internal and external customers and partners.
• An unfettered love of Oregon, its people and its places.
Travel Oregon is a semi-independent agency created by the Oregon Legislature in 2003 to enhance Oregonians’ quality of life by strengthening economic impacts of the state’s $11.3 billion tourism industry. We offer an attractive benefit plan which includes medical, dental and vision insurance, retirement benefits, paid holidays, paid vacation and sick/personal leaves. Optional benefits include access to life insurance, long- and short-term disability, long-term care insurance, and eligibility for participation in the Public Employees Retirement System (PERS) and the Oregon Savings Growth Plan.
POSTING CLOSES 4/24/2018.