We have an open seat on the bus!
More specifically, we need a Customer Account Manager!
Founded in 1997, Portland Internetworks offers Managed IT services, project execution, technology product sales, phone systems, and technical consulting for the Portland metro area and beyond-- we help businesses stay connected in every possible sense.
So, what does a Customer Account Manager do?
You'll be responsible for ensuring that our customers are regularly engaged with Portland Internetworks, happy with our services, and increasing the level at which we are an integral partner to help them achieve their business objectives. Customers will rely on you to connect their leadership with our technical team to craft technology strategies and roadmaps in the short- and long-term.
We are dreaming about you, our perfect candidate!
You understand information technology and the operational challenges of small- and medium-sized businesses. You also thrive on making, fostering, and growing relationships. You bring business acumen to the conversation that earns you equal standing in the offices of our customers.
The goal is for you to bring extraordinary strategic value while also having the charisma, tenacity, empathy and even quirkiness that makes customers pick up the phone when your caller ID appears. Customers should look forward to meeting with you regularly at a conference table, or at the lunch table.
All right, so the Portland Internetworks Customer Goodwill Tour isn't the entire story. You will also carefully documenting your account management activities and conferring with the Portland Internetworks sales and service delivery teams to ensure smooth internal communications. You'll also be using the phone (or video) to check in with customers between in-person meetings. So, meticulous documentation and schedule management is desired.
You also have stellar communications skills whether verbal, written, or unspoken. Most or all of your customer interaction will be unsupervised and unfiltered. The way you represent us in writing, in person, and in action will be the most lasting impression.
Finally, you're looking for a place where you can constantly learn, create lasting relationships (and friendships) and contribute to a winning team.
Does this sound just like you so far? Okay, good! Read on.
Things you'll do a lot of:
· Regular outbound check-ins and business technology reviews with customers--in person and on the phone
· Field inbound questions and inquiries from customers with incredible responsiveness and valuable insight
· Explore ways that Portland Internetworks can grow the types and quantity of services with our customers when and where it makes sense
· Work with Sales Engineers and/or Sales Support Specialist to design solutions, create quotes, deliver proposals and successfully close (or assist to close) sales opportunities
· Encourage and manage a growing referral network from our happy customers
· Meet and confer with Sales Team, Service Manager, Marketing Manager, and Sales Manager to communicate customer feedback and needs
· Document customer communications activity in Portland Internetworks' CRM system (ConnectWise)
· Attend and actively participate in events such as customer appreciation field trips, lunch & learns, tech talks, and other ad hoc or informal happy hour-type meetings after hours
Other things you'll also do:
· Keep up to date on new technologies, products, services relevant to our offerings
· Train and pass certifications exams for vendors such as Cisco, Dell, Microsoft, and others
· Make presentations outlining the advantages of engaging and retaining Portland Internetworks at selected marketing events such as Lunch & Learns, Customer Appreciation Events, Tech Talks, and other various speaking opportunities
What you bring to the table:
· 2-5+ years of IT consulting, service or support with customer-facing responsibilities
· 4-year College/University degree, Associate degree or equivalent work experience
· Proven track record of managing client relationships and driving customer satisfaction
· Understanding of, interest in, and passion for technology and current industry trends
· Absolutely solid written and verbal communications skills
· Ability to work independently and productively without constant supervision
· A true intellectual curiosity, a desire to constantly improve customer and company outcomes, and a collaborative team attitude
The icing on the cake:
· Experience selling technology products and services
· Experience working for (or with) a managed IT services provider
· Prior experience with the ConnectWise
About the work environment…
All our team members are based at our inner Northeast Portland office, which has an open, collaborative vibe. Every team member gets new, high-quality computing and communications gear that'll stand up to the work you need to perform. There’s a kitchen, a kegerator, and a kombucha. We have bike parking and a shower for two-wheel commuters and ReachNow car-sharing vehicles are plentiful as their HQ is only blocks away.
Sometimes, it is all fun and games.
While we work hard, we definitely also play hard. We plan tons of company activities like Portland Winterhawks games and monthly "off-campus" activities like par-3 golf, bocce ball, bowling, and field trips to our customers' cool businesses. We play what you could call a lot of Ping Pong, and Friday afternoon happy hours. We also have a great annual holiday celebration and a summer camping trip where hilarity achieves legendary status. And most importantly, we pride ourselves as a company with excellent camaraderie.
Our employees have good things to say about working here. Check out the culture section of our website and our Facebook page for a look at our shenanigans.
What do we bring to the table?
This is a full-time, permanent position. Portland Internetworks offers a full compensation package including health and retirement benefits. Our benefits kick in from day one and you can expect:
• Competitive compensation plus the potential for incentives-based upsides
• Flexible vacation, sick, and holiday benefits
• Rich and flexible medical/dental benefits including Health Savings Plan or PPO options
• 401(k) tax-deferred savings plan with employer matching and discretionary profit sharing
• Certification/Continuing Education benefits
• Computer and Network Hardware and Software purchase discounts
If you did a happy dance, got joyful goosebumps, or called your mom while reading this posting, it's time to apply!
Send your resume to . Your cover letter must include:
• A reference to the position of Customer Account Manager
• A paragraph describing why you are especially well suited for this position
• Links to profiles, sites or stories which demonstrate your experience, value, or personal brand (e.g. LinkedIn or others)
What to expect from our hiring process:
• Criminal background check--we gotta do it. Peaceful protests from your hippie days are totally cool; serious offenses are probably not cool; overthrowing the dictator of a developing nation, probably cool.
• We'll need your driving history--if you have a history of dangerous driving, we may not be able to hire you.
• If you're selected for an interview, you'll need to bring professional references. We may also like to see a writing sample showing you can put together a summary report, proposal, budget, or project. (You can redact company/customer names as needed.)
• Your interview will also include tests of your technical and communications skills and attention to detail.
Thanks for your interest in working with us. We hope to see you at the Ping Pong table soon!