Thank you for your interest in career opportunities at Central City Concern!
Since 1979, the Portland Community has trusted Central City Concern (CCC) to help people create meaningful, long-term change. Every year, we serve more than 13,000 people experiencing, or at risk-of, homelessness with affordable and supportive housing, person-centered health care, addiction recovery and employment assistance. By providing health care, housing and jobs, CCC is ending homelessness in Portland and helping people achieve their highest potential.
Now Hiring: Join Central City Concern's talented Pharmacy team as an On-Call Pharmacy Technician!
Location: Old Town Clinic (Downtown Portland; 727 W. Burnside Street, 97209) & Blackburn Center (East Portland; 12121 E. Burnside Street, 97216)
Schedule: Monday - Friday; 8:00am - 5:30pm
Reports To: Pharmacy Operations Manager
***Note: On Call employees must work at least once in every 6-month period to remain active on payroll.***
ROLE SUMMARY: The Pharmacy Technician provides technical support to Pharmacists in the processing of prescriptions and maintenance of the Pharmacy Department. This position would have the ability to train new staff if needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform all duties necessary to ensure the safe and accurate preparation of medications, including gathering necessary patient information, entering it into the computer system, counting or pouring medications and labeling containers.
- Accurately and efficiently utilize dispensing system, and EMR.
- Maintain excellent customer service, including answering phones and refill requests from patients, and responding to questions from staff and patients that do not require a Pharmacist’s professional expertise or judgment.
- Maintains billing and insurance accuracy by performing on-line billing procedures, calling third-party insurers for clarifications of payments, and assisting in preparation of prior authorization requests.
- Contributes to and continually builds a positive work environment. Maintains a positive attitude towards co-workers and patients alike.
- Effectively communicates with all staff including but not limited to other technicians, Technician Operations Manager, Pharmacy Operations Manager/PIC, Director of Pharmacy, any other clinic staff, etc. regarding but not limited to current projects, workflow improvement strategies, and overall pharmacy systems management.
- Performs the technician operations of the Pharmacy in a cost-effective manner, including monitoring of inventory and pricing, supporting day-to-day operations, and assuring adequate resources are available to meet customer needs.
- Works in collaboration with the Old Town Clinic Pharmacist(s) and technicians to develop and meet departmental goals and objectives.
- Coordinating at least one of the pharmacy's prescription filling services, as assigned, including but not limited to appointment base, bubble packing, and Parata, or be involved in maintaining and improving pharmacy systems including but not limited to inventory control, workflow, and/or auditing processes.
- Adhere to all state and federal privacy regulations, including HIPAA and 42 CFR Part 2, and to CCC policies and agreements regarding confidentiality, privacy, and security. Support compliance with all privacy and security requirements pursuant to community partners’ and outside providers’ patient confidentiality agreements, including privacy and security requirements for EMR access. This includes immediately reporting any breach of protected health information or personal identification information of any person receiving CCC services by CCC or an outside provider to the CCC Compliance Department, as well as to your supervisor or their designee.
- Attend all mandatory CCC trainings in a timely manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Additional Duties If Driving:
- Prepare and be accountable for the delivery schedule and patient caseload, navigating driving routes, adjusting to traffic while ensuring timely deliveries
- Troubleshoot any potential issues or concerns during the delivery process, escalating to the appropriate personnel when necessary
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to consider the impacts and outcomes for underserved communities during decision-making processes.
- Ability to consider impacts of systems of oppression, structural racism, and individual bias on client outcomes.
- Understands pharmacy operations.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, various insurance plans and formularies.
- Basic algebra and general chemistry knowledge
- Modern office procedures and methods, including computer systems.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Principles and procedures of record keeping and reporting.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Must be able to work within an integrated, multidisciplinary setting.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (REQUIRED)
To be considered for the role of On-Call Pharmacy Technician, candidates, must ensure the following (minimum) requirements are met:
- Required: High school diploma or GED.
- Required: Current license with the Oregon State Board of Pharmacy as a Pharmacy Technician prior to start.
- Must have current CPR certification prior to start.
- Must meet CCC privileging requirements as required by FTCA.
- Must adhere to CCC policies and procedures.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen, TB test, and DHS background check.
- Valid driver's license preferred. If required to drive, you must pass a DMV background check, and be designated an "acceptable" driver as outlined in Central City Concern's Fleet Safety Policy. If required to drive, you must pass an initial driver's training within 60 days of being an approved driver and continued recertification training.
- Central City Concern is committed to a drug-free workplace that encourages a safe, healthy and productive work environment and strictly complies with the Drug-Free Work Place Act of 1988. An employee shall not, in the workplace, unlawfully manufacture, distribute, dispense, possess or use a controlled substance or alcohol.
- Must generally have the ability to walk, bend, stoop, kneel, squat, twist, reach, pull and lift heavy objects, and climb stairs with reasonable or no accommodation.
- Bilingual preferred.
- Must adhere to agency’s non-discrimination policies.
- Ability to effectively interact with co-workers and clients with diverse ethnic backgrounds, religious views, cultural backgrounds, life-styles and sexual orientations and treat each individual with respect and dignity.
Central City Concern is a second chance employer and complies with applicable laws regarding consideration of criminal background for employment purposes. Government regulations, contractual requirements, or the duties of this particular job may require CCC to conduct a background check and take appropriate action to address prior criminal convictions.