Infant Early Childhood Mental Health Consultant
Part-Time, Benefits offered on pro-rated basis
Our Infant & Early Childhood team is seeking a Mental Health Consultant (IECMHC) to work in a collaborative project serving Albina Head Start children and their families. This position works 30 hours per week, 10 months out of the year – typically concluding every June. Due to the pandemic, this position is temporarily working remotely.
The IECMHC provides a broad range of mental health prevention services including infant/early childhood consultation, staff and parent training, and other mental health prevention and referral services to identified children and their families. The position involves the implementation of evidenced based practice models, including Early Childhood Positive Behavioral Interventions & Supports (EC-PBIS).
Program: Early Childhood Consultation
- Education and Work Experience:
- Master’s level degree in psychology, social work, counseling or related field, required
- 2 years direct experience in a mental health setting providing prevention services and /or mental health therapy to children and their families
- Knowledge of the developmental needs of children birth to 5 years old
- Familiarity with Diagnostic Classifications of Mental Health and Developmental Disorders of Infancy and Early Childhood (DC 0-3), as well as DSM diagnostic categories
- Meets QMHP requirement under State of Oregon Office of Mental Health and Addiction Service’s Administrative rules
- Valued Experience:
- Licensure preferred but not required.
- Demonstrated familiarity with Early Childhood Positive Behavioral Interventions & Supports (EC-PBIS).
- Experience in prevention services.
- Knowledge of professional research supporting evidenced based practice models.
- Knowledge and experience with establishing collaboration with community partners and providing mental health skills in a community context.
- Positive Behavior Supports (PBIS) training preferred, if not then commitment to become trained within 3 months.
- Other Requirements:
- Pass a DHS criminal history background
- Personal transportation allowing for timely travel within the Portland metropolitan area. If driving a personal vehicle, personal auto liability insurance of $100,000/$100,000, and a driving record permitting coverage under corporate auto liability policy.
Starting Pay Range:
Infant Early CH Mental Health Consultant $20.15 – $22.31
Bilingual Infant Early CH Mental Health Consultant $21.96 - $24.32
Morrison Child and Family Services is a non-profit organization that provides a comprehensive array of services to children, adolescents, and their families. As an agency Morrison, its team members, and clients commit to the following values of trauma-informed care:
- Nonviolence - being safe and doing the right thing
- Emotional Intelligence - managing our feelings so we don’t hurt ourselves or others
- Social Learning - respecting and sharing ideas of our teams
- Democracy - shared decision making whenever possible
- Open Communication - saying what we mean and not being mean when we say it
- Social Responsibility - everyone makes a contribution to the organizational culture
- Growth and Change - creating hope for our clients and ourselves
Visit our website to learn more about our mission and history. and our strategy. for accomplishing our goal of achieving significant, positive, and long-term clinical outcomes for the clients we serve
External Candidate Process: If viewing job through a job board without enabled links please visit: https://www.morrisonkids.org/careers/openpositions/ and select the job title “Infant and Early Childhood Mental Health Consultant and click: “Apply for Job”
Internal Candidate Process: Current Morrison employees, please visit our Internal Career Center by logging in Workforce Now ADP and following this path: Myself > Talent > Career Center > Infant and Early Childhood Mental Health Consultant
Not the right fit, or not yet ready to apply?
Join our Talent Community! We will keep you updated on positions that fit your skill set and interest!
To be considered for this position you must follow this application procedure.
Position Open Until Enough Qualified Applicants Have Responded
We strive to Create a Diverse, Inclusive environment to Better Serve our Clients.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.