Job Announcement – Applicants welcome
Development Assistant (Part Time)
The Oregon Maritime Museum in downtown Portland Oregon is recruiting for a part time Development Assistant. The position is an excellent entry level opportunity for a person who wants to learn all aspects of a non profit organization. The Development Assistant’s primary role is administrative, and there is high contact with our members, funders, volunteers, visitors, and the Board of Trustees.
Summary of Duties (A detailed job description is available on request – see contact info at end of this announcement.)
• Office administration and reception
• Donation processing and member data
• Retail operations - Point of Sale (POS) system
• Support museum volunteers • Events and programs • Other duties as assigned; there are always new challenges at a small, nonprofit museum. Schedule – Part Time. The work week is a minimum of 15-30 hours per 7-day period, and will include Saturdays and evenings. The schedule will be coordinated during the interview and hiring process.
• At least two years prior administrative experience, preferably in a non-profit organization. Academic background in history or public relations is a plus.
• Experience in a retail setting preferred but not required.
• Sufficient computer skills to operate basic office systems with Microsoft, Gmail, i.e., do correspondence, email, social media.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Able to work with nice people and those who need to be nicer.
Send resume by email or post to:
Susan E Spitzer, President Emeritus Oregon Maritime Museum
816 SW 1st Ave Suite 200 Portland OR 97204