Partners for a Hunger-Free Oregon is hiring a Director of Development and Marketing. This position develops the strategy to secure, grow, and diversify funding across revenue sources and provides leadership, planning and relationship building needed to together meet our goals. People of color, from marginalized communities, and/or people who bring personal experience of poverty are strongly encouraged to apply. The application deadline has been extended to February 9, 2018.
About Partners for a Hunger-Free Oregon:
Partners for a Hunger-Free Oregon is a state-wide advocacy nonprofit led by a passionate board and committed staff of 10 that embraces the values of equity, integrity and teamwork.
We envision an Oregon where everyone is healthy and thriving, with access to affordable, nutritious and culturally appropriate food. We work to raise awareness about hunger in Oregon, connect people to nutrition programs, and advocate for systemic changes that end hunger and its root causes.
We have a strong track record of influencing public policies to reduce poverty. Every year, we help connect thousands of children to healthy meals year-round and provide information to tens of thousands of Oregonians about SNAP. We train and equip new leaders and local partners to support solutions to hunger in their own communities. We convene the formidable experts of the Oregon Hunger Task Force for collective action.
About the Position:
The Director of Development and Marketing is responsible for resource development for the organization. Partners for a Hunger-Free Oregon’s annual fundraising goal of approximately $1 million includes a mix of revenue sources from contracts, foundation grants, corporate and individual gifts, and events. This position develops the strategy to secure, grow, and diversify funding across revenue sources and provides leadership, planning and relationship building needed to together meet our goals. As the organization looks to the future, opportunities to build upon existing successful fund development strategies and the introduction of new strategies will be instrumental in helping us end hunger in Oregon.
- Based in Portland, OR, this position reports to the Executive Director.
- Schedule: Full-time, exempt. Typically Monday-Friday with occasional evening and weekend work required.
- Salary: $60,000 - $68,000 per year depending on experience
- Eligible for full benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance; matched retirement savings; health & dependent care flexible spending account; flexible work scheduling; 3 weeks of paid vacation with annual increase; 2 weeks of paid sick time; 11+ paid holidays.
Experience & Skill Requirements:
The successful candidate will bring a deep commitment to and passion for social justice and our mission, as well as:
- At least 5 years of solid relationship-based fundraising experience, with proven success in creating, developing and growing fund development strategies and programs, especially in individual and corporate giving.
- 3-5 years of experience successfully incorporating marketing and communication strategies and tools into your fundraising work.
- A firm understanding of the grant management process and a proven track record of successfully funded grant proposals
- Experience managing and motivating boards, staff and/or volunteers in a team-based environment for fundraising initiatives. Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to build trusting relationships and lead groups to achieve goals.
- Excellent communicator, able to write and speak clearly and compellingly in a variety of settings and styles to get messages across that have the desired effect with the audience.
- Easily engages with culturally and economically diverse groups of stakeholders including donors, volunteers and community partners in a manner that is equitable, welcoming and inclusive.
- Experience with donor database software to manage relationships, track giving, generate reports to guide strategy, and communicate results (Salesforce highly desirable). Proficiency with communication tools including mass emails platforms and MS Office suite.
- Strong Project Management skills – able to accurately scope out length and difficulty of tasks and projects, breaking down work into the process steps. Knows what to measure and how to measure it; can see opportunities for synergy and integration where others can't; can simplify complex processes.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and a marketing/fundraising related writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than midnight Friday, February 9th, 2018. Please write “Director of Development and Marketing” in your email subject line. A formal application will be requested of those invited to interview, and is available to view at www.oregonhunger.org/employment.
Equal Opportunity and Non-Discrimination Statement:
Partners for a Hunger Free Oregon is strongly committed to equity, diversity and inclusion in our internal operations and when considering the impacts of our work. People of color, from marginalized communities, and/or people who bring personal experience of poverty are strongly encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, age, marital status, military or veteran status, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, or any other legally protected class.