GridWorks IC is a white label operator of high quality non-emergency medical transportation (NEMT) services for Medicaid managed care health plans. IC stands for Integration Contractor and our mission is to integrate community-based systems to achieve a better NEMT experience for end-users. We collaborate with community partners to integrate and support existing systems to deliver the highest quality services possible.
Beginning June 1, 2018 GridWorks IC will lead the new management team responsible for operating Ride to Care. Ride to Care is the non-emergency medical transportation program for Oregon Health Plan members enrolled in the Health Share of Oregon Coordinated Care Organization.
About the Job
GridWorks IC is currently seeking a Director of Member Services to oversee all member-facing functions. Member Services is at the center of our business model; therefore, you will be making a meaningful impact on our customers on a daily basis. Based in our downtown Portland, OR offices, the Director of Member Services reports to the CEO. This role will plan, coordinate, direct and design all intake, grievance and appeals and quality control activities of the organization, as well as provide administrative direction and support for daily operational activities of the Member Services function. The Director of Member Services is a critical decision maker and will work closely with senior leadership and the decision makers of other functions to integrate member-first practices into all aspects of the organization. The Director of Member Services will also define and implement important policies, procedures and best practices.
- Lead the Member Services function’s operational and strategic planning, including fostering innovation, planning projects and organizing the allocation of resources.
- Oversee the design and implementation of best practices surrounding member communications handled by our in-house member intake team and other member support roles.
- Work closely with internal and external stakeholders to design, implement and maintain an effective and member-first grievance and appeals process.
- Keep a pulse on quality control metrics, identifying areas for improvements within the Member Services team and with other departments.
- Manage Member Services staffing, including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation and disciplinary actions.
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization’s executives, department heads and end users regarding pertinent activities.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in management and operations preferably in a human services or healthcare call center environment
- Experience setting up and operating an internal CRM or call center phone system
- Strong proficiency in use of software such as Microsoft Office, Google Apps for Business and web-based technologies (such as Box, Google Drive, etc.)
- Ability to communicate clearly, both written and orally, with employees and leadership in group presentations and meetings
- Experience mentoring and coaching a team of 10 - 20 individuals
- Sensitivity to the needs and situations of a multi-cultural member base
- Strong interpersonal skills Ability to prioritize and plan work activities and competing timelines effectively
- Qualifying criminal background
- Master’s degree
- Experience managing a high-volume, HIPAA compliant call center
- New office in downtown Portland
- Health and vision insurance plans with company contribution
- Simple IRA savings plan with up to 3% company match
- Fully paid transit pass or partially subsidized parking
- "10% Time" - time carved out each month for employees to pursue an activity of choice related to Gridworks IC's mission
- Continuing education and accreditation opportunities
GridWorks IC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No person is unlawfully excluded from consideration for employment because of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, veteran status, marital status or physical challenges.