1st - 7th-grades Classroom Elementary Teacher / 1.0 FTE Portland Village Waldorf Charter School, chartered through Portland Public Schools
Portland Village School (PVS) is a public school of choice in the Portland Public School District. Currently, PVS is in its 11th of operation; serve approximately 400 students in grades K – 8.
Our mission is “To advance an arts-integrated education that teaches respect and reverence by developing the head, heart, and hands in children from all backgrounds and cultures. “
PVS provides a Waldorf education with a rigorous curriculum that is rich in literacy, culture, history, language, and art integration, using multi-sensory instruction that combines real-world experiences and applied knowledge.
The teacher promotes and develops successful learning for students, performs instructional and related duties in accordance with Portland Village Waldorf Charter S and Portland Public School District policies. The teacher also maintains a cooperative professional attitude with staff, parents, and students. Cultivate and model a respectful working and learning environment.
- Masters in Teaching Elementary
- Hold an appropriate license from Teacher Standards and Practices Commission in the state of Oregon, or obtained a transitional license from another state.
- Demonstrates a expertise in the oral and written English language with a strength in writing, grammar, and legible handwriting
- Ability to effectively work and communicate with students, parents, and school personnel from diverse cultures or backgrounds in English, Spanish, or other languages related to the job
- To be able to and agree to not sharing confidential information relating to students, staff, or district patrons
- Ability to work harmoniously with others and independently
- Previous Waldorf experience in teaching and training preferred
- Excellent communicator with integrity with lead teachers, administration, parents, and students.
A. The competent teacher will:
a. Provide a variety of classroom teaching techniques and methods that align with Waldorf education
b. Promote high levels of achievement in relation to individual student abilities
c. Use techniques and methodologies appropriate for student growth
d. Utilize Waldorf curriculum for daily teaching
e. Maintain accurate student grades and grade books at all times
f. Monitor student learning and ensure growth and development is being tracked
g. Report and work with leader teachers and administration for students needs and evaluations
h. Implement Positive Behavior Support Systems in the classroom and have clear expectations and guidelines with enforceable corrective actions
i. Keep a clean, organized, and safe learning environment for all students
j. Organize field trips and park walks with lead teachers and administration
k. Prepare effective classroom lessons daily for students with goals and objectives aligned to growth outcomes
l. Maintain a personal program of professional growth and development.
m. Cultivate and model a respectful working and learning environment
n. To be able to organize and recruit activity/classroom volunteers.
· Educate each child in the classroom at and above grade level Waldorf content
· Work effectively with and respond to people from diverse cultures and backgrounds
· Demonstrate professionalism and appropriate judgment manner for the assignment and work setting
· Have a regular and punctual attendance
· Confer regularly with immediate supervisor
· Follow state, district, and charter school policies for work procedures, and from the Teacher Ethics Commission
· Be responsible to call the ESS Sub Desk and arrange for substitutes when sick or need a leave of absence.
Salary range: $35,000 to $45,000.
Location: Portland Village School
7654 N. Delaware AVE, Portland, OR
Applications accepted June 2018 until the position is filled.
Please email Lauren Rook a cover letter that outlines your direct experience in teaching, any Waldorf experience or education, a resume no longer than 2 pages, and professional 3 references with their email contact information.
Email address: email@example.com
The Portland Village Waldorf School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, political affiliation, or handicapping conditions in its educational programs or employment. No person shall be denied employment solely because of any impairment that is unrelated to the ability to engage in activities involved in the position or program to which application has been made.