Close Date: 5/8/2021 (Seniority Bid Close Date: 5/5/2021)
Schedule: Monday-Wednesday 7:00am-3:30pm, Thursday-Friday 5:00am-1:30pm
Central City Concern is an innovative nonprofit agency providing comprehensive services to single adults and families in the Portland metro area who are impacted by homelessness, poverty and addictions. We hire people that are skilled and passionate to meet our mission through outcome-based strategies which support personal and community transformation.
CCC values and celebrates diversity in race, heritage, ethnicity, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, and disability. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we prioritize active inclusion of diverse staff.
Central City Concern is seeking a Janitor II for our Hooper location!
- Assist with leadership, training and oversight of crew.
- Conducts safety and quality inspections of job site.
- Responsible for maintaining MSDS.
- Clean lobbies, hallways, unoccupied offices, bathrooms, common areas and exam rooms.
- Clean windows, floors, countertops, appliances and fixtures.
- Sweeping, mopping, dusting, vacuuming, washing, disinfecting and polishing.
- Clean up of bio-hazard materials.
- Assist with other janitorial duties as needed.
- Polish floors and clean carpets as needed.
- Identify pests such as roaches and bed bugs.
- May require clean up after pest sprays, including vacuuming of pests and disposal of bed bug infested property.
- Maintain waiting areas and offices in safe, clean and orderly manner.
- Complete all necessary paperwork.
- Ensure supplies and equipment are stocked and maintained.
- Attend all required meetings and training.
- Adhere to safety procedures.
- Responsible for locking all doors and ensuring facility is secured.
- Must have a High School diploma or GED or be able to obtain within one year of hire.
- Must have at least one year experience in interior and exterior janitorial cleaning.
- Previous experience maintaining the Hooper Detox and Sobering facilities preferred.
- Must be trained or be able to be trained in bio-hazard cleanup.
- Must be able to read, write and understand English.
- Must have reliable access to transportation for regular transportation between programs.
- Must have the ability to work in all C.C.C. Housing buildings and outside locations.
- If a recovering chemically dependent person must be in a program of recovery and able to provide documentation of sobriety a minimum of two years.
- Sufficient manual dexterity and physical ability to perform duties.
- Must be able to identify pests such as bed bugs, cockroaches, fleas, rodents.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, kneel, squat, twist, reach, pull and lift heavy objects and climb stairs.
Benefits: Central City Concern offers an incredible benefits package to our employees!
- Generous paid time off plan beginning at 4 weeks per year at the time of hire. Accrual increases with longevity.
- Amazing 403(b) Retirement Savings plan with an employer match of 6.25% in your 1st year, 8% in the 2nd year, and 10% in your 3rd year! Fully vested with your first contribution!
- 10 paid Holidays PLUS 2 Personal Holidays to be used at the employee’s discretion.
- Comprehensive Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance coverage.
- Employer Paid Life, Short Term Disability, AND Long Term Disability Insurance!
This description is intended to provide a snapshot of the work performed and is not designed to contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the position.
As an agency deeply rooted in recovery, part of our policy and commitment to a drug and alcohol-free workplace includes post-offer, pre-employment drug screens. Please note we follow Federal Guidelines regarding prohibited substances, even for those legal at the state level.