The Oregon Association of REALTORS® (OAR) is the state non-profit trade association for real estate agents and brokers both commercial and residential. OAR offers a generous benefit package, a healthy 401k matching after one year and great coffee! This small and highly efficient office is fun, energizing and very busy! If you are a pro-active self-starter, have a great work ethic and dedicated to your profession, we would love to have you on our team!
This position reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). The Oregon Association of REALTORS® (OAR) is one of the largest and most influential trade associations in the state, representing members involved in all aspects of the real estate profession. Members include both residential and commercial brokers, managing principal brokers, property managers, and industry affiliates.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists with sponsorship procurement, servicing and administrative detail for the REALTORS® non-profit charity, the HOME Foundation.
- Coordinates multiple fundraising events throughout the year for the HOME Foundation.
- Researches and solicits potential sponsors for the HOME Foundation and other OAR events as assigned. This includes requests for corporate sponsorships, auction items and event ticket sales.
- Generates new ideas and business opportunities to increase fundraising opportunities for the HOME Foundation.
- Manages all aspects of the event planning process, including collaboration with venue sales staff, venue identification, menu development and budget tracking for a variety of OAR events including, but not limited to the Spring and Fall Governance Meetings, Annual Convention, Leadership Conference and Oregon Leadership Academy.
- Provides all administrative support to the Business Issues Committee, Legal Action Committee, other committees and work groups as assigned. This includes, but not limited to correspondence with committee members, minutes and general clerical tasks such as scheduling meetings as requested and strong understanding of OAR policies and by-laws.
- Represent the Association with professionalism.
- Assist as backup to the receptionist and other administrative coordinators as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Mandatory Job Qualifications:
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Proven experience with taking formal meeting minutes.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and possess good organizational skills to assure punctuality and meeting of deadlines.
- Must be pro-active with sponsorship solicitation.
- Demonstrated confidentiality and discretion with proprietary and client information.
- Exceptional verbal, writing and editing skills.
- Flexibility and ability to travel to provide on-site staff support at events and meetings, working occasional extended hours as needed.
- High attention to detail and accuracy, reliability and demonstrated initiative.
- Able to juggle multiple priorities, work independently and in a team setting.
Non-Mandatory Job Qualifications:
These qualifications are not required, but will enhance the applicant’s or employee’s chances for success:
- Trade association experience