Open Until Filled (Seniority Bid: 12/28/20)
Central City Concern is an innovative nonprofit agency providing comprehensive services to single adults and families in the Portland metro area who are impacted by homelessness, poverty and addictions. We hire people that are skilled and passionate to meet our mission through outcome-based strategies which support personal and community transformation.
CCC’s Old Town Recovery Clinic is seeking Mental Health and SUDS Counselor - QMHP - CADC
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8:00am-4:30pm
Salary: $51,147.20 annually
The Mental Health & Addictions Counselor, QMHP works as a member of a multi-disciplinary team providing intensive case management and integrated dual diagnosis treatment. The team works to address all treatment needs, including crisis management, substance abuse treatment, medication management, physical health treatment, mental health treatment, accessing benefits and entitlements, accessing appropriate and affordable housing.
This position will be based with the Intensive Case Management ICM/WAIT team.
Duties to include:
- Collect information regarding clients’ history through a combination of interviewing, records review, and consultation
- Conduct and document Mental Health Assessments, including mental status exam, DSM diagnosis, and clinical formulation.
- Develop treatment plan with client.
- Participate in clinical staff meetings and case conferences with team members in order to utilize interdisciplinary expertise and facilitate individual treatment plans for clients.
- Share addictions expertise by working collaboratively with the multidisciplinary treatment team, modeling integrated treatment skills and training other staff in evidence based principles and practice.
- Participate in outreach activities necessary to offer services and engage participation in a non-coercive manner. Escort clients to meetings and appointments as necessary.
- Participate in evaluating clients for risk of harm.
- Maintain client records using an electronic medical record. Must be documented as required by program standards and funding requirements including documentation of clinical interactions, behavioral health assessments & individual service plans.
- At minimum, must meet State guidelines for QMHP and be certified with the appropriate board. Experience with severe mental illness (SMI) preferred.
- CADC I or higher required
- Current CPR certification required
- Must meet CCC privileging requirements as required by FTCA.
- If in recovery, must be able to document continuous abstinence under independent living conditions or recovery housing for the immediate past two years.
- Must possess a current driver’s license, access to a vehicle, qualify as an Acceptable Driver as designated in Central City Concern’s Fleet Safety policy. Must pass an initial drivers training within 60 days of being an approved driver and continued recertification training. Must maintain vehicle insurance coverage of a minimum of $100,000/$300,000 personal auto liability coverage.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, TB Test, and background check. This includes clearance by the DHS Background Check Unit.
Benefits: Central City Concern offers an incredible benefits package to our employees:
- Generous paid time off plan beginning at 4 weeks per year at the time of hire. Accrual increases with longevity.
- Amazing 403(b) Retirement Savings plan with an employer match of 6.25% in your 1st year, 8% in the 2nd year, and 10% in your 3rd year! Fully vested with your first contribution!
- 9 paid Holidays PLUS 2 Personal Holidays to be used at the employee’s discretion.
- Comprehensive Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance coverage.
- Employer Paid Life, Short Term Disability, AND Long Term Disability Insurance!
This description is intended to provide a snapshot of the work performed and is not designed to contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the position.
As an agency deeply rooted in recovery, part of our policy and commitment to a drug and alcohol-free workplace includes post-offer, pre-employment drug screens. Please note we follow Federal Guidelines regarding prohibited substances, even for those legal at the state level.