Central City Concern is an innovative nonprofit agency providing comprehensive services to single adults and families in the Portland metro area who are impacted by homelessness, poverty and addictions. We hire people that are skilled and passionate to meet our mission through outcome-based strategies which support personal and community transformation.
Central City Concern's Old Town Recovery Center, SUDs, is seeking to hire a full time Alcohol and Drug Counselor for clients undergoing Medically Assisted Treatment.
Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:30am-5:00pm
Sign On Bonus: $3000 hiring bonus. $1,500 paid out at time of hire and $1,500 paid after 6 months of service. (Sign on bonus not available for internal applicants).
SUDS Counselor I: $24.15/hr
SUDS Counselor II: $25.51/hr
The Old Town Recovery Center provides comprehensive, compassionate mental health services and outpatient treatment for substance use disorders. Services include one-on-one counseling, medication management, case management, money management, wraparound care, in-home visits and outreach and on-site pharmacy.
The M3 SUDS Counselors will be serving clients in a low-barrier MAT/MSR primary care clinic. The focus of the SUDs counselor work will be rooted in harm-reduction principles, early recovery engagement, motivational enhancement techniques, case management, and individual therapy.
M3 SUDS counselors will work closely with medical staff including primary care physicians, medical assistants, care coordinators and the Old Town Recovery Center team to support individuals in early recovery to engage in medication support services as well as therapeutic services that best meet the client’s healthcare needs and recovery interests.
Duties to include:
- Conduct screening and assessment of potential clients to determine treatment needs, placement, and diagnosis; develop an individualized treatment plan to reflect these
- Early engagement, stabilization, care coordination, solution focused interventions and harm reduction work.
- Participate in direct treatment of clients
- Conduct treatment groups and provide individual counseling as needed.
- May facilitate outpatient treatment groups for driving under the influence (DUII).
- Work as a member of the CCCRC multi-disciplinary team to deliver comprehensive, client centered and trauma informed integrated services.
- Document client services in electronic health records within 72 hours.
- The following requirements for CADC:
- A&D Counselor I requires CADC I or CADC-R
- A&D Counselor II requires CADCII
- Must meet CCC privileging requirements as required by FTCA.
- Must have current CPR certification or obtain before start date.
- Must be able to demonstrate a working knowledge and skills in group facilitation.
- Must be able to demonstrate working knowledge and skills in evidence-based treatment methods utilized in the treatment of addiction and trauma-informed care.
- Knowledge and skills in de-escalation methods and crisis intervention or ability to be trained in de-escalation methods.
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of community and social service agencies with the ability to provide case management services as needed.
- Preferred understanding of specialized DUII system requirements as set forth by the State and referral sources.
- Preferred experience providing DUII/DCJ compliant treatment services.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen and DHS/ criminal background check.
- Ability to adhere to Central City Concern’s drug-free workplace which encourages a safe, healthy, and productive work environment and strictly complies with the Drug-Free Workplace Act of 1988. An employee shall not, in the workplace, unlawfully manufacture, distribute, dispense, possess, or use a controlled substance or alcohol.
- Must generally have the ability to walk, bend, stoop, kneel, squat, twist, reach, pull and lift heavy objects, and climb stairs with reasonable or no accommodation.
- The OAR prohibits A&D program staff from having within the previous 3 years a DUI conviction or diversion, a felony conviction, or a conviction under the Uniform Controlled Substances Act
Benefits: Central City Concern offers an incredible benefits package to our employees:
- Generous paid time off plan which provides up to 4 weeks of PTO accrual in the first year. Accrual increases with longevity.
- Amazing 403(b) Retirement Savings plan with competitive employer match with 4.75% in the first year, 6% in the second year, and 8% in the 3rd year.
- 11 paid Holidays PLUS 2 Personal Holidays to be used at the employee’s discretion.
- Comprehensive Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance coverage.
- Employer Paid Life, Short Term Disability, AND Long Term Disability Insurance!
This description is intended to provide a snapshot of the work performed and is not designed to contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the position.
As an agency deeply rooted in recovery, part of our policy and commitment to a drug and alcohol-free workplace includes post-offer, pre-employment drug screens. Please note we follow Federal Guidelines regarding prohibited substances, even for those legal at the state level.