Close Date: Open Until Filled
Central City Concern is an innovative nonprofit agency providing comprehensive services to single adults and families in the Portland metro area who are impacted by homelessness, poverty and addictions. We hire people that are skilled and passionate to meet our mission through outcome-based strategies which support personal and community transformation.
CCC’s Hooper Detox Center is seeking an Admissions Specialist
Schedule: Monday-Friday 6:30am- 3:00pm.
Hooper Detox provides both inpatient and outpatient withdrawal management and stabilization services for people seeking treatment for substance use disorders. Many of the staff at Hooper are in recovery themselves and have experienced the challenges that come with withdrawal and early stabilization. They serve as reminders that recovery is possible and often provide the first rays of hope for the long journey ahead.
This position provides triage,assessment, and care coordination for patients desiring admission to the Hooper withdrawal management inpatient and outpatient programs.
Duties will include:
- Triage and assess patients presenting for admission.
- Admit new patients and assist through the admission process.
- Observe and record pertinent information with regard to the care and condition of patients.
- Assist staff physician and clinician with documentation and chart preparation.
- Make referrals to hospitals and other agencies. Coordinate appointment scheduling with referral sources.
- Assist staff physician with medical emergencies as needed.
- Administer medications as allowed by scope of practice and as directed by the standing orders of on-site physician and clinicians.
- Oregon State certified EMT-B, EMT-I, EMT-P or MA required
- Current CPR certification required
- Experience working with individuals with substance use disorders.
- If a recovering chemically dependent person must be in a program of recovery and able to provide documentation of sobriety for a minimum of two years.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, TB test, and background check. The OAR prohibits A&D program staff from having within the previous 3 years a DUI conviction or diversion, a felony conviction, or a conviction under the Uniform Controlled Substances Act.
This description is intended to provide a snapshot of the work performed and is not designed to contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the position.
As an agency deeply rooted in recovery, part of our policy and commitment to a drug and alcohol-free workplace includes post-offer, pre-employment drug screens. Please note we follow Federal Guidelines regarding prohibited substances, even for those legal at the state level.
Central City Concern is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, gender, protected veteran’s status, disability, or any other protected class. Applicants seeking reasonable accommodation can contact the Human Resources department at 503-294-1681.