Guardian Real Estate Services, LLC has an immediate need for a Full-Time Regional Maintenance Lead to join our experienced and committed team in the Pacific NW!
A Regional Maintenance Lead is responsible for the oversight of assigned properties to ensure that compliance is met in every aspect of maintenance operations; including workplace safety and asset preservation on Guardian managed properties. This position is responsible for ensuring that all maintenance work is done in compliance with OSHA regulations, and Guardian policies and procedures.
For this position, we are seeking an independent, self-starter who enjoys leading others and excels in a fast-paced team-oriented environment. The ideal candidate will be highly organized, professional and communicative; and must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in multifamily property maintenance, building maintenance, or similar experience plus 2-3 years' experience in a Lead role.
Compensation: Competitive wage dependent on experience + benefits.
Benefits: Medical/Vision/Prescription Insurance, Dental Insurance, Medical/Dependent Care FSA, Life/AD&D Insurance, Employer-matched 401-K, PTO, Paid Holidays, Employee Assistance Program.
Schedule: 40 hours / week; Monday - Friday.
Guardian provides a culture in which employees are encouraged to learn new skills and develop their existing strengths. Upward mobility is a reality here! We provide ample training and opportunity for anyone who desires to take their property management career to the next level! Interested in growing along with one of the leading property management companies in the Northwest? This could be the perfect opportunity for you!
The requirements listed below are representative, but not exclusive of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- College or Technical / Trade School – Associate degree / equivalent or higher, preferred.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a maintenance or related field.
- At least 2-3 years’ experience in a Lead Maintenance role.
- OSHA 30 certification preferred (OSHA 10 certification required within 120 days of hire)
- Knowledge of UPCS/REAC requirements preferred
- Elevated knowledge of building trades, such as plumbing, electric, and carpentry.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to speak, read and write in English.
- Ability to communicate effectively and in a timely manner; both verbally and in writing.
- Able to onboard, train, mentor and coach all maintenance employees.
- Own or have access to properly insured vehicle for use in business transportation needs.
- Have well-developed leadership, management, team building and organizational skills.
- Possess a strong customer service orientation.
- Computer proficiency in MS Office – Word, Excel, Outlook; and a working knowledge of Yardi.
- Have inspection experience for PMIs, Unit Turns and possess an eye for deficiencies.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Always represent Guardian in a positive and professional manner.
- Assist maintenance staff in the development and implementation of safety training and compliance.
- Promote an attitude of safety at all properties within assigned region.
- Always follow confidentiality guidelines for all resident, property, owner, and Guardian information.
- Accurately record time worked and adhere to time keeping guidelines.
- Establish and maintain collaborative working relationships between departments and with coworkers.
- Constantly strive for improvements in work process and results to better meet resident needs, ownership goals and objectives, and company standards and expectations.
- Build relationships with sites by evaluating and providing mentorship to staff.
- Participate in the hiring and onboarding of maintenance staff.
- Coordinate with recruiter, Portfolio Manager and property to review, interview and evaluate prospective candidates.
- Training includes completion of the skills checklist within 90 days of hiring date, proficient understanding of Guardian’s maintenance policies, and Guardian maintenance standards and expectations.
- Maintain regular contact with site maintenance staff through site visits, emails, phone calls and team meetings.
- Coordinate maintenance team training opportunities for inspections, work orders, turnover process, and skill building, such as electrical, plumbing, drywall repairs, etc. Train on Yardi Maintenance Mobile, Yardi Inspection Mobile, Microsoft Teams, Outlook Email.
- Maximize staff coverage among property areas.
- Understand and define the scope of work, obtain bids and provide recommendations to Portfolio Managers. Compare scope of work and ensure that work and pricing are accurate.
- As needed, engage expert consults, such as architects and engineers.
- Review estimates and proposals and verify contractor compliance and experience.
- Coordinate with consultants and Guardian team members, review pay applications and project schedules, regularly review work in progress and completed work.
- Create work plans with Portfolio Manager and site staff in preparation of inspections, such as REAC and Physical MOR inspections.
- Ensure that unit preventative maintenance inspections are occurring regularly and that identified repairs are being completed.
- Oversee Yardi Inspection Mobile process.
- Identify hazardous community conditions and repairs needed in the areas of structural, electrical, plumbing, and appliances and communicate with site staff and Portfolio Managers; coordinate with Portfolio Managers to follow-up on Property Audit findings and complete new Property Audit Reports including due diligence reports in Yardi Inspection Mobile.
- Provide immediate assistance or instructions for plumbing leaks, unsecure doors, and emergency repairs and situations.
- Ensure all properties have a Property Maintenance Schedule, are following the schedule, and accurate records are maintained.
- Ensure all properties have a current Emergency Procedures Manual (Red Book) that is accessible for emergency personnel and Guardian.
- Properties are maintaining equipment and have the appropriate cleaning materials, safety equipment, and tools.
- Periodically check work in progress and completed work (unit turns, work orders, pre-inspection findings) of maintenance employees and provide feedback to Portfolio Managers.
- Document and report performance concerns with vendors, assist site staff and Portfolio Managers to address deficiencies, and bring to the attention of the Director of Maintenance.
- Create metrics reports evaluating the usage of Yardi Voyager, Maintenance Mobile and Inspection Mobile.
- Create metrics reports evaluating the completion of Recurring Work Orders and Work Orders. Ensure that these are being completed in a timely fashion.
- Conduct maintenance shop inspections to maintain standards.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Maintenance.
Guardian Real Estate Services LLC – Company Description
Established in 1971 and headquartered in Portland, Oregon, Guardian Real Estate Services has evolved into a leading management, development and investment firm. Our company offers a diversified real estate service platform including property management, investments, development, and advisory services. Guardian delivers custom solutions by offering a higher level of expertise, resources and creative capacity to develop a unique approach for each client. 50 years of experience, combined with the long tenure of our key staff, contributes to our strength and sets us apart in the industry. Our stability and security comes from our legacy of experience, industry knowledge, and integrity.
Guardian is a distinguished leader in the multifamily housing arena with a team of highly qualified real estate professionals. The company’s vertically-integrated business model is sought by both private and institutional investors. Guardian’s management portfolio includes over 128 assets throughout 56 cities located in four states and is comprised of approximately 8,500 multifamily units. Guardian’s portfolio includes a diverse mix of market-rate, affordable and senior housing. Guardian holds ownership interests in 24% of the portfolio under management.
The Guardian Experience – Our People
The Guardian Experience: Property Management is our strength. People have always been our passion. Our team is, and has always been, actively engaged in superior real estate management and enhancing the communities in which we live and work. In this economy, companies come and go. As a 3rd generation family owned firm, Guardian’s growth and stability has evolved the company into a leading West Coast real estate management and investment firm.
In addition to competitive salaries, 401(k), Paid Time Off and paid Holidays, we offer a culture in which individuals work and participate in collaborative team environments and are encouraged to continue to grow both professionally and personally.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer.
If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, or at any USDA office, or call (866)632-9992 to request the form. You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax at (202) 690-7442.