The Sr. Marketing Specialist will work with NEEA’s Market Channel Managers and Program teams to develop, lead and implement a suite of marketing strategies and activities that support NEEA’s market transformation goals. We work closely with our many market partners, leveraging their channels and brands whenever appropriate to efficiently affect behavior change. This position will interface with both internal and external teams and will require an ability to drive results and work collaboratively across a multitude of different teams.
The ideal candidate will have experience in the following areas; managing marketing projects through vendors and/or contractors (including RFP, selection, and oversight), managing large project budgets both in the short and long-term time frame, ability to lead and execute on a variety of marketing campaigns and approaches, strong digital experience managing website content and development projects, event and webinar planning, logistics and execution, as well as a strong familiarity with business to business marketing strategies.
The incumbent will share our deep commitment to diversity and inclusion and advancing practices, strategies and policies that achieve equitable outcomes for all.
Salary range: $65,000 - $71,000
Could This Be Your Dream Job?
Do you consider brainstorming and executing marketing activities that drive people towards more efficient behaviors gratifying work? Does the challenge of working with a diverse group of stakeholders to meticulously craft and deliver influential messaging—sometimes exclusively through partner brands and channels—invigorate you? Do you enjoy the variety of a role that pairs detail-oriented and results-focused project management with strategic-thinking to connect opportunities across programs and markets? Do you enjoy marketing both to and through other business organizations, but also stay on top of the latest consumer trends? Are you motivated by the belief that energy efficiency is the cornerstone of a vibrant and more sustainable Northwest?
The Typical Day May Include…
- Meeting with Market Channel Managers and/or Program Managers to determine how marketing can best support program goals and to develop effective campaigns and tactics
- Supporting Market Channel Managers with relationship management approaches and engagement strategy coordination
- Serving as liaison between funders, program teams, Market Channel Managers and NEEA vendors as needed
- Engaging with expert marketing vendors to oversee the implementation of marketing activities
- Managing marketing vendors, including leading or supporting vendor procurement (i.e., RFP/RFQ process), contract creation and management, invoicing and forecasting
- Directing and reviewing the development of copy, collateral, messaging, digital content, and other creative pieces
- Maintaining and updating annual marketing plans and/or individual project plans
- Participating in market research efforts to better understand and reach target audiences
- Managing marketing budgets and reporting results to stakeholders
- Communicating with funding utilities and other key partners to ensure alignment and opportunities for collaboration
- Managing and/or overseeing vendor support for NEEA’s market-facing web properties
- Managing digital channel communications, including staging, delivery and reporting
What Are You Good At?
- Following and incorporating ever-changing marketing best practices
- Finding creative marketing solutions that successfully satisfy multiple sets of sometimes conflicting stakeholder needs
- Building trust with external organizations and leveraging their brands and channels to deliver marketing communications when necessary
- Understanding the intrinsic drivers of both partners and target audiences to build strong relationships and craft influential campaigns
- Tracking details without losing sight of a broad vision
- Remaining flexible in a fluid environment, able to adapt on-the-fly to changing market conditions
You Likely Have the Following:
- A passion for developing creative marketing approaches and executing campaigns from a unique position in the market
- Know-how to develop and manage project plans and schedules. Drives results through hands on project management. Communicates changes and progress, to ensure completion of projects on time and within budget. Manages project team activities
- Experience demonstrating both planning and implementation skills and aligning work with strategic goals
- Understands how to prioritize and plan work activities while remaining flexible, adaptable and enthusiastic about supporting the team
- Ability to collect and synthesize data to support decision making. Ability to spot and communicate patterns and trends
- Comfortable learning and using new technologies
- Project coordination, scheduling and estimating skills
Your Education, Experience, and Skills:
- BA or BS degree in Marketing, Business or related field required
- Five years of professional experience in marketing, communications, and brand management required. Agency account management experience a plus
- Experience with all aspects of marketing communications and its integration (collateral, digital, PR, web, social marketing, video, events, awards, media, etc.)
- Experience with business-to-business marketing, including collaborating with partner organizations and communicating through partner brands
- Experience with market research, segmentation, messaging and consumer profile development
- Experience in an energy, utility, or regulatory environment preferred as is knowledge and/or experience with energy efficiency
- Experience with behavior change and social marketing a plus