Since 1979, the Portland community has trusted Central City Concern (CCC) to help people create meaningful, long-term change. Every year, we serve more than 13,000 people experiencing or at risk of homelessness with affordable and supportive housing, person-centered health care, addiction recovery and employment assistance. By providing health care, housing and jobs, CCC is ending homelessness in Portland and helping people achieve their highest potential.
CCC’s Old Town Clinic is seeking Pharmacy Technicians to join our team!
Schedule: Monday – Friday, variable schedule between 8:00am – 6:00pm.
The Successful Candidate:
You are a licensed Pharmacy Technician in the State of Oregon, and are eager to join a team that is eager to make an impact. You are able to consider the impacts and outcomes for underserved communities during decision-making processes, to deliver high quality care to a vulnerable population of clients.
Duties to Include:
Pharmacy Technician Duties
- Perform all duties necessary to ensure the safe and accurate preparation of medications, including gathering necessary patient information, entering it into the computer system, counting or pouring medications and labeling containers
- Accurately and efficiently utilize GSL, dispensing system, and EMR
- Maintain excellent customer service, including answering phones and refill requests from patients, and responding to questions from staff and patients that do not require a Pharmacist’s professional expertise or judgment
- Maintains billing and insurance accuracy by performing on-line billing procedures, calling third-party insurers for clarifications of payments, and assisting in preparation of prior authorization requests.
- Contributes to and continually builds a positive work environment. Maintains a positive attitude towards co-workers and patients alike. Effectively communicates with all staff including but not limited to other technicians, Technician Supervisor, PIC, Associate Director of Pharmacy, any other clinic staff, etc. regarding but not limited to current projects, workflow improvement strategies, and overall pharmacy systems management.
Leadership and Planning Duties
- Performs the technician operations of the Pharmacy in a cost-effective manner, including monitoring of inventory and pricing, supporting day-to-day operations, and assuring adequate resources are available to meet customer needs.
- Actively contributes to the planning and achievement of Pharmacy Department objectives and goals.
- Actively contributes to the evaluation and continuous improvement of patient services, policies and procedures
- Works in collaboration with the Old Town Clinic Pharmacist(s) and technicians to develop and meet departmental goals and objectives.
- Must have current license with the Oregon State Board of Pharmacy as a Pharmacy Technician or must be able to obtain one before starting the job.
- Must have current CPR certification.
- Must meet CCC privileging requirements as required by FTCA.
- Must be physically able to walk and climb stairs several times a day.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen, TB test, and background check.
- If a recovering chemically dependent person, must be in an on-going program of recovery with 2 years demonstrated level of sobriety.
Central City Concern is a second chance employer and complies with applicable laws regarding consideration of criminal background for employment purposes. Government regulations, contractual requirements, or the duties of this particular job may require CCC to conduct a background check and take appropriate action to address prior criminal convictions.?