Oregon Lions Sight & Hearing Foundation (OLSHF) provides multiple programs serving over 200,000 students, adults, and seniors each year. Our efforts range from vision and hearing screenings for students in schools to manufacturing eyeglasses through our finishing lab and optical shop. Our mission is to screen, treat, save, and restore sight and hearing in partnership with Lions Clubs.
OLSHF is looking for a Front Office Administrative Assistant to be responsible for front office and optical shop reception, administrative tasks, and providing support to optical program staff. The Front Office Administrative Assistant will have a passion for mission-driven work, be independently self-motivated, flexible at adapting to varying priorities and organized. The ideal candidate brings competence in prioritizing their projects and working with diverse people and groups. This person and their role will be the customer service representative of our organization.
- Performing opening and closing duties for Eye Promise optical shop
- Answering, screening, and routing multi-line phones for our foundation as well as optical shop
- Greeting visitors and Eye Promise optical shop customers with a responsive and friendly attitude
- Primary support for processing referrals and assistance requests
- Maintain optical shop, coffee station and clean shop and frames as needed
- Maintain and tidy OLSHF lobby and customer facing areas
- Educate people on OLSHF/LEAP and Eye Promise optical
- Receive donated eyeglasses and hearing aids from the public and provide tax receipts for walk-ins, as needed
- Data entry and reporting
- Create and maintain forms, packet and shipping labels
- Ordering lenses for charitable LEAP as well as retail shop
- Check in lenses for quality
- Receive and verify inventory of frames for Eye Promise and LEAP optical
- Verifying completed eyeglasses and packaging for community events
- Call Eye Promise customers to check satisfaction
- Assist with social media posts
- Prepare eyeglass kits and orders, ship to providers
- Complete filing for Eye Promise optical and LEAP optical
- Assist staff with multiple and varied projects with direction from Optical Program Director
- Operational support for optical programs and Eye Promise optical shop
- Additional duties, as assigned
Strong organizational and self-management skills. Must be detail-oriented with a high degree of accuracy. Ability to work cooperatively with all levels of staff. Very strong professionalism and interpersonal skills. Ability to handle frequent interruptions and adapt to changes in workload and work schedules. Ability to multi-task and meet challenging deadlines, set priorities, and respond quickly to short notice requests. Ability to communicate effectively (written and verbal).
Optical knowledge or desire to learn; two or more years experience with a multi-line telephone system and office equipment necessary. Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, bilingual preferred but not required.
Ability to sit for long periods of time. Repetitive use of hands and fingers (i.e. keyboarding, data entry). Must be able to see and hear in order to gather and input information; respond to face-to-face and telephone inquiries. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds on occasion.
Email a cover letter and resume (PDF or Word only) using your last then first name in the file names to Employment@OLSHF.org. Use "Front Office Administrative Assistant" in the email subject line. Applications must be received by 5 pm November 30.
OLSHF is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job and may be changed as deemed necessary by the organization.