Inspiring Hope. Empowering Independence. For 50 years, Impact NW has been a leader in providing individuals of all ages with the skills and resources necessary to achieve success and to advocate for themselves and their communities. Impact is a diverse organization. We value the cultural, educational, ethnic and religious diversity of our team members. Our employees are passionate and compassionate and they are our strength in supporting our mission. Impact is an equal opportunity employer to all qualified individuals.
Salary: $20.58 with a $0.50 bilingual differential
Classification: 40 hrs. /week
Benefits:We offer a generous PTO policy along with 11 holidays and additional self care days. Employer paid medical, vision, short term and long term disability. 401k plan with employer matching contribution, flexible work schedule, and opportunity to grow in your career through training and support.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM: Healthy Families is an intensive home visiting program that promotes positive parent-child relationships, supports healthy childhood growth and development, and enhances family functioning for families with newborns in Multnomah County. We are seeking for a committed Family Support Specialist to deliver parent and child education services in home visit settings to parents and their babies 0-3 years of age according to families’ individual goal plans, families’ needs, developmental stage of baby while using a variety of curriculum.
- Work with families, supervisor, and Healthy Families team to promote positive parent-child relationships, support healthy growth and development, enhance problem-solving skills and improve support systems.
- Provide crisis intervention to clients as appropriate.
- Effectively work with families and individuals of diverse backgrounds (including teen parents; families with mental health, substance abuse, or domestic violence concerns; families experiencing poverty).
- Maintain accurate, legible, timely documentation detailing contact and progress of families.
- Complete on-going evaluation documentation and assessments for each family in accordance with Healthy Families standards and requirements.
- Connect families with community resources and support self-advocacy across systems.
- Encourage and facilitate family participation in program and community activities.
- Serve as a cohesive member of the team, participate in problem solving and promote innovation.
- Fulfill all training and evaluation requirements as established by Healthy Families standards and Impact NW.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Any combination of experience and training that would likely meet the following requirement:
- Minimum of three (3) years experience in education or human services, preferably providing parent and child development services for families with infants and toddlers.
- Minimum of 1 year providing parent support and advocacy services to trauma affected families with infants and/or toddlers from diverse communities.
- Demonstrated strong understanding of infant and childhood development.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in social work, early childhood education, or related field.
- Experience and willingness to work with culturally diverse populations.
- Ability to provide strengths-based, trauma-informed, culturally responsive, and non-judgmental services while establishing trusting relationships.
- Proficiency using motivational interviewing techniques and coaching skills.
- Ability and willingness to work as a dependable, flexible team member and support Impact NW’s mission and goals.
- Ability to provide professional communications and leadership in a variety of settings that support open and honest communications and honors diversity.
- Must be able to function independently, use ethical judgment in making decisions, and have an acceptance of individual difference.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule including some evenings and some weekends.
- Have access to reliable transportation in order to complete multiple home visits each week.
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination or willingness to get vaccinated
Impact NW is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and welcomes applications from diverse candidates and candidates who support diversity. We strongly encourage all qualified candidates to apply regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious affiliation, veteran status, disability or other status protected by applicable law