The American Diabetes Association is seeking an experienced fundraising professional to develop and steward corporate and individual relationships in the Seattle market. Primary duties of the Associate Director, Development include the development and stewardship of existing and new corporate partners, individuals and volunteers.
This individual will identify new opportunities to grow portfolio engagement across all fundraising channels to increase revenue, including corporate partnerships, commercial co-ventures, special events, and individual giving. A successful Associate Director will manage and steward a portfolio of corporate and individual relationships and work as a team player to drive growth that achieves our mission and revenue goals. This position is accountable for significant revenue targets and will influence the strategic implementation of local and nationwide initiatives.
The ideal candidate must have a proven track record of success in fundraising and/or sales and relationship management. Exceptional organizational and written and verbal communication skills are necessary for this position. Must have ability to multitask, meet deadlines, and achieve results in a team environment.
- Creates and executes fundraising strategies to reach position specific annual fundraising goals from corporations; works to grow additional sources of revenue
- Serves as a key member of the development team, influencing and driving strategy, relationships and best practices to accomplish market and region financial goals
- Responsible for developing and stewarding a portfolio of relationships to provide funding for our mission (sponsorship, retail campaigns, event teams, grants, donations and other partnerships)
- Develops revenue projections and provides financial analysis
- Oversees stewardship activities; ensures a high-touch response to partners and donors
- Recruits and leads high-level volunteers to provide local leadership, resources and partnerships
- Drives donor-centric partnerships to support financial goals of market events, programs and prioritized initiatives.
- Delivers a high level of customer service to all constituents
- Ensures compliance with Association policies, including employment, risk management, event and cash handling, and financial controls
- Demonstrates integrity, collaboration and stewardship
- Performs other duties as assigned