Do you dream of joining the nonprofit sector? Do you want to make a positive impact on people’s lives by working alongside survivors of domestic and sexual violence? Do you have experience being flexible and creative to find solutions to obstacles?
Well, you’re in the right place! Clackamas Women’s Services (CWS) is hiring a Communications Manager to join our team.
- Pay: $58,937-$68,495/year, DOE (+ differential for bilingual skills). Benefits available first of the month following hire.
- Schedule: Full Time, Exempt, Monday – Friday; some evenings and weekends on occasion.
- 100% employer-paid health, dental, vision, and alternative care benefits for employee and dependent children, 100% employer-paid long-term disability and life insurance, retirement plan contribution of 5%.
- Generous PTO (39.5 days in first year), 10 paid holidays per year (of your choosing), paid day off for birthday, paid parental leave, EAP, Anniversary bonus: $25/year of service. $100 monthly travel stipend.
- Professional development opportunities, i.e., conferences and trainings.
- CWS was voted as one of the 100 Best Nonprofits to Work for in Oregon in 2022!
Who We Are: In 1985, CWS grew out of neighbors opening their homes and sharing what they had in hopes of building a safer community for families. Since then, we’ve grown beyond shelter to offer a wide range of services for anyone experiencing domestic and sexual violence, from initial crisis to long-term healing. We continue the legacy of working with survivors, community members, emergency responders, partner organizations, and businesses to build communities that honor and support survivors of domestic and sexual violence.
To learn more, check out our website: https://www.cwsor.org.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce that represents the communities we serve. Women, people of color, LGBTQIA+, older adults and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Who You Are: Our mission is to break the isolation of domestic and sexual violence. It takes a wide range of amazing and diverse people to achieve the mission of Clackamas Women’s Services and to be successful in the work that we do. Through our confidential emergency shelter, our rural outreach office, and A Safe Place Family Justice Center, CWS coordinates services with other public and private agencies in order to best serve survivors seeking help. Our Communications Manager will go through 40 hours of domestic violence advocacy training as part of their training.
- 2-3 years of experience in communications or a related field.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong project planning, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills; self-motivated and self-directed.
- Must be a creative and strategic thinker with good judgment and the ability to make independent decisions in a changing environment.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively to a wide variety of audiences.
- Experience with design software preferred.
- Experience managing social media for business purposes.
- Knowledge of best practices for writing and publishing on different platforms.
- Interpersonal skills, ability to maintain collaborative, collegial working relationships
- Strong networking and relationship management skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, projects, and priorities effectively and professionally.
- Proficiency in Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) is required.
- Ability to work effectively and non-judgmentally with individuals from diverse backgrounds and understanding of culturally competent service delivery.
- Enthusiasm for working collaboratively with a wide range of public and private systems.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation required; position includes use of personal vehicle to complete some tasks.
- Bilingual/bicultural persons strongly encouraged to apply.
Position Overview: The Communications Manager will play a critical role in ensuring the organization achieves its plans for growth in alignment with its mission, vision, and values. The Communications Manager will lead the development, management, implementation, and measurement of an integrated communications strategy that reflects the mission, brand, and values of CWS. This includes working closely with the Executive Director, Leadership and Development Teams, and various team members from services/programs to recommend communication strategies, create communication plans, and develop a variety of communication materials and tools for a diverse group of audiences, such as participants, employees, communities, and partner organizations.
Job duties include:
- Develop and manage content, messaging, and storytelling about the CWS community for a range of different stakeholders.
- Oversee and manage the design, edit, and publication of CWS’ print and electronic communications including e-newsletters, Annual Reports, advocacy, media alerts, press releases, research reports, and other publications and collateral materials.
- Manage design and content development for CWS’ website and digital and social media platforms.
- Manage and monitor CWS’ social media platforms.
- Provide training and support for staff responding to messages on CWS social media and website, as well as provide responses.
- Collaborate with the Development Team to:
- Create a development-focused communications plan and maintain the plan and accompanying calendar in conjunction with the development team.
- Develop message strategy for donor engagement and donor-prospect stakeholders.
- Create and update marketing materials and documents in support of fundraising activities.
- Collaborate on the production and editing of videos, create slideshows, and develop scripts.
- Collaborate with the Leadership Team, Outreach and Training Coordinator and program staff to:
- Facilitate stakeholder learning and sharing through various electronic and social media tools.
- Create, draft, and edit marketing materials supporting program work areas and participant/program-focused events.
- Develop a communications plan and message strategy for engagement with participants and agency partners.
- Interview and produce stories about CWS participants, staff, and community partners to help drive understanding of the work CWS does, and to connect the public with our services.
- Support Executive Director’s communications needs (i.e., board and ambassador council engagement, internal agency-wide communications, strategic plan updates, etc.).
- Track progress and effectiveness of communications and marketing activities.
Public & Media Relations:
- Work with the Executive Director to develop various communications to policymakers such as public testimony, support/opposition letters, advocacy documents, etc.
- In conjunction with the Executive Director, coordinate and actively serve on the CWS Public Policy Committee; follow relevant local, state, and national legislation and policy changes that impact the organization’s mission.
- Develop and carry out media strategy, including developing and driving media calendar, media relations, and tracking press coverage.
- Monitor local news that affects the CWS community and manage CWS responses when appropriate.
- Support the Executive Director to provide information during and in response to crises, emergency incidents, and other critical situations.
- Act as a key liaison between CWS and media contacts.
- Promote CWS, our staff, and programs in the media.
- Works to establish effective, positive, and ongoing relationships with community partners.
- Communicates in a trauma-informed manner and provide comprehensive information to housing participants in an accessible way.
- Represents CWS at community meetings, speaking engagements and educational trainings as requested.
Please submit a resume and cover to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line of “Communications Manager”
Clackamas Women’s Services complies with applicable federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, disability, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, or age.
Clackamas Women’s Services operates its program, services, and activities in compliance with federal nondiscrimination laws.
Check us out on social media: