Membership and Events Coordinator
The Membership and Events Coordinator is an energetic individual with responsive, customer service skills and a high aptitude and interest in using office and membership software. The position serves as the first point of contact for member inquiries and association business and ensures that emails and phone calls are responded to in a timely manner. The role also involves data entry and membership processing, general office coordination, and provides assistance to the account teams producing events and coordinating projects or programs.
The Coordinator must have experience using Microsoft Suite and Google with the ability to learn other software programs including membership database (MemberClicks), virtual platforms (zoom, primarily), survey software (survey monkey and google forms), and mass communication programs (MemberClicks contact center and Constant Contact). Experience in applicable software is a plus.
The position will have access to training, both in-person and through on-demand modules, including an on-boarding process.
The position is full-time hourly and is not remote. The employee reports daily to the Update Management Office in SE Portland from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm Monday through Friday. The position reports to the Vice President of Operations with interactions with all staff.
Member Services and Front Desk Operations
- Courteously and knowledgably answer or route incoming phone calls and member emails with an awareness of upcoming events and activities
- Provide resources for members and prospects inquiring about membership, event details and pricing
- Maintain email inboxes per retention policy
- Support client projects by expertly managing office technology systems – phones, printers, web conferencing, and other software
- Support Senior Managers with office operations including supply ordering, equipment service scheduling and office calendar management and other needs, as assigned
Member Database Operations
- Enter and edit member profiles in the correct association database
- Provide custom member reports to client teams
- Consult with client teams about membership structure, types and needs to ensure integrity of the database
- Support other database assignments, as needed
Event and Program Support
- Help members and non-members register as needed for face to face and virtual events
- Provide virtual event support including co-hosting responsibilities and serving as registrar, as needed
- Support account teams with special program support including an honor society and licensing program
- Support account teams with registration form development, member communication and website updates, as needed
The starting salary is between $35k and $38k, plus benefits.
Interested parties should email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please have your email subject line read "Membership and Event Coordinator." Please no phone calls. Any calls to the office will automatically disqualify your candidacy.