Oregon Community Foundation
Technology Services Associate
Location: Portland, OR
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Since 1973, the Oregon Community Foundation (OCF) has pursued a mission to improve lives for all Oregonians through the power of philanthropy. The Foundation invites Oregonians with different perspectives to come together around the shared value of giving back. We work with individuals, families, businesses and organizations to create charitable funds that support the community causes they care about. These funds support the critical work that nonprofits are doing across Oregon. Our headquarters are in Portland, with regional offices in Bend, Eugene, Salem, and Medford, Oregon.
The Technology Services Associate (TSA) provides support for Information Technology (IT) resources at the Portland and regional offices. The TSA delivers first- and second-tier technical support for all OCF staff, responds to operational issues on computer and network systems, and provides basic application training and guidance.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this position will work primarily remote until the Foundation resumes regular in-office business functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
A. Technical Assistance - Percentage of Time: 75%
- Respond to IT helpdesk support requests and work with staff to resolve technical problems, both remotely and in person
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot hardware and software, including desktop systems, mobile devices, servers, networking equipment, videoconferencing equipment, and telephones
- Ensure that essential software updates are installed across the organization
- Set up and configure user accounts for multiple systems
- Assist in the evaluation of new software and hardware, and recommend improvements and upgrades
- Help maintain internal process and technical setup documentation.
B. Staff Training - Percentage of Time: 15%
- Assist staff with the effective use of technology-related equipment, such as printers, scanners, projectors, video conferencing equipment, and cameras
- Contribute to the development of training materials and standard procedures. Assist with training as appropriate and/or needed
C. Manage Full Life Cycle of Technology Assets - Percentage of Time: 10%
- Work with vendors as needed to file hardware warranty claims and to receive software support
- Assist in maintaining accurate inventory of OCF hardware and software licenses
- Decommission hardware at its end of useful life
- No supervisory responsibilities
Marginal or Non-Essential Job Duties:
Required Cultural Values: In addition to the specific job requirements for each position, staff are expected to embody certain cultural values to support OCF’s mission: communicate effectively, value one another, demonstrate accountability, embrace possibilities, address conflict and take action.
Required Education, Skills, Training and Experience and Skills
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every one of the qualifications as described in a job description. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. If you are interested in applying, we encourage you to think broadly about your background and qualifications for the role.
- Associate’s Degree in computer technology or related field, or an equivalent combination of experience/education in lieu of a degree, or related certifications such as CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, or Microsoft Desktop Support Technician
- Three years of experience providing end-user technical support in a Windows-based environment
- Experience in the following technologies:
- Windows Server administration, including Active Directory and Group Policy
- Microsoft Office suite and Office 365
- Centralized administration of endpoint protection and anti-virus suites
- TCP/IP networking
- Windows desktop imaging and deployment
- Virtualization technologies such as VMWare ESXi or Microsoft Hyper-V
- Remote desktop support tools, such as TeamViewer, LogMeIn, Bomgar or VNC
- Assessment, diagnosis, and repair of computer hardware, both desktop and server
- Experience in the following technologies is desirable:
- SMTP and Microsoft Exchange
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Microsoft Hyper-V Manager
- Manage Engine Desktop Central
- Mitel phone systems & Polycom videoconferencing systems
- Ericom Connect
- Columbiasoft Document Locator
- Scripting with VBscript, PowerShell, or Windows command shell
- Programming in C# or other .NET language
- Excellent customer service skills required
- Attention to detail
- Ability to proactively identify issues and make recommendations
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot basic technical issues
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills to relate to all levels of the user community
- Ability to work collaboratively with others to achieve positive outcomes
- Excellent time-management skills, self-initiative and a desire to improve existing processes
- Cultural agility skills necessary to work effectively with diverse people, teams and communities
Physical Demands and Working Conditions: This job is typically performed under very comfortable working conditions; any disagreeable elements are generally absent during normal performance of the job. Job duties are performed in an office setting or indoor meeting rooms. Requires repetitive use of keyboard and monitor, and ability to sit or stand for long periods at a time. Requires ability to use telephone and standard office equipment.
The physical effort typically applied in this job includes: Standing, sitting, walking, bending, lifting, carrying, pulling, reaching, keying/typing.
The amount of effort typically applied and the frequency of application: (Whereas, the following refers to lifting, any equivalent effort may be substituted.)
Less than 1 pound – Effort applied 40-70% of the time
Between 1 and 5 pounds – Effort applied 15-40% of the time
Between 5 and 25 pounds – Effort applied less than 15% of time
Between 25 and 60 pounds – Effort applied less than 15% of time
The effort reflected above is typically applied when sitting, standing, bending, and walking.
Travel - Percentage of Time: 0%
- Is not required for performance of job duties.
Safety: Support a safe work environment by performing work duties safely and according to procedures. This includes reporting all injuries, illnesses or accidents sustained while working to your immediate supervisor as soon as possible after the occurrence or within 24 hours of the injury, illness or accident, and reporting any accident involving OCF vehicles, equipment or other property, regardless of the nature of the accident, to your immediate supervisor as soon as possible after the accident.
Attendance Requirements: Regular punctuality and attendance is required.
Compensation and Benefits: This is a non-exempt, full-time position. OCF's regular workweek is 35 hours. The hiring range for this position is $25.46 to $31.19/hour, DOE.
Our excellent benefit package includes generous paid time off, choice of medical and dental coverage, vision, outstanding 401k retirement plan, commuter and healthcare pre-tax savings accounts, employer-paid disability and life. Employees have access to an Employee Assistance Plan, paid volunteer leave, professional development opportunities, and much more!
To Apply: The Oregon Community Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to equity, diversity and inclusion. We strive to build a diverse workforce to promote effective work in partnership with all communities and population groups in Oregon. We welcome a diverse pool of qualified applicants.
To be considered for this position, please provide a cover letter addressing how you meet the requirements of this position and a copy of your most recent resume. Apply online at https://oregoncf.org/about/careers/