Girls Inc. of the Pacific Northwest inspires all girls to be strong, smart, and bold. We make an impact in the communities we serve by equipping girls with the skills and confidence to access a bright and economically-independent future. By focusing on the whole girl from ages 6-18, we provide life-changing after school programs and experiences that help girls grow up to be healthy, educated, and independent. Our trained volunteer leaders, research-based curricula, and pro-girl environment provide girls with the tools, confidence, and support to realize their own power.
The Volunteer Engagement Coordinator is a critical role at Girls Inc. of the Pacific Northwest. They are responsible for ongoing volunteer recruitment, training, coordination, support, and recognition for volunteer functions at Girls Inc. of the Pacific Northwest and volunteers serve as the cornerstone of our programming. We need a dynamic, enthusiastic, and passionate team member who will increase the number of volunteers, improve volunteer retention and support the process of engaging remote volunteers. Anyone in this position will have a passion for serving girls and women and are friendly, professional, and organized.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruit volunteers by scheduling and attending outreach fairs and events, giving presentations, publishing opportunities in print or online, serving as a representative of Girls Inc. at various events and networking opportunities, and collaborating with partner organizations.
- Develop and grow internship program with colleges and universities throughout the region
- Support the organization’s goal of increased visibility and volunteer engagement through public relations and marketing activities.
- Screen volunteer applications and conduct background checks. Place volunteers in appropriate positions based on volunteer preferences/skills, program protocols, logistics, and geographic location.
- Conduct Girls Guide volunteer trainings quarterly and Girls Guide Info Sessions, as needed.
- Manage volunteer database and maintain accurate records.
- Maintain positive relationships with volunteers and corporate contacts via email, telephone, and in person. Develop and maintain relationships with other volunteer organizations within the area.
- Organize volunteer appreciation and recognition efforts; and facilitate ongoing volunteer stewardship.
- Collaborate with Director of Community Relations and other staff to ensure all program and volunteer needs are met effectively in a timely manner.
- Evaluate the impact of Girls Inc.’s volunteer program and measure volunteer satisfaction by utilizing quarterly surveys.
- Create and distribute various communications and publications related to volunteer opportunities.
- Provide support to all departments, which demonstrates respect, teamwork and collaboration with staff, volunteers and community partners.
- Collaborate with Events and Development Coordinator to recruit and train volunteers for three large annual fundraising events.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in social services, public relations, non-profit management or related field or equivalent in experience
- 3-5 years demonstrated experience in volunteer recruitment, management, coordination and retention
- 1-2 years demonstrated experience with event planning
- Experience working with Salesforce or CRMs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and security of information
- Successful experience working and communicating with diverse populations
- Ability to set priorities and organize multiple projects
- Experience working both independently and as member of a team
- Must be self-directed, flexible, and take initiative
- Proficiency on MS office products
- Available to work evenings and weekends
- Have access to reliable transportation
- Must pass a criminal background check
- Experience supervising staff or volunteers who work with youth or in an after-school setting
- Bilingual preferred
- Experience with social media and public relations
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite
To apply, submit a cover letter, resume and three references in one .pdf to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Volunteer Engagement Coordinator’ in the subject line.
Open until filled. $35,000-$40,000 DOE.